Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

It's Time For A National Refrendum

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Breeze147, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Breeze147

Breeze147
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Repeal the archaic, foolish, completely ineffective marijuana laws in the the United States. Allow citizens to use legally sold and distributed cannabis nationwide and not just medical marijuana which is nothing but greasy legalize and encourages skirting the law.

How many times has this question been posed: If alcohol is legal, why is a far less potent, non-addictive, non-aggression inducing, non-driving impairment drug, illegal?

It makes no fucking sense!!!

Please write to your congressman to introduce legislation to end this archaic and incredibly unjust stigma.

• Like Like x 1
  2. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    it's never been about making sense.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

3. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    The LAST thing we need, structurally, is national referenda. Oh my, we have more than enough fucked up ballot-box legislation and amendment as it is, at least in this "direct democracy" state. As for weed, no problem.

4. Tahoejoe

Tahoejoe
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Been smoking pot off and on for 50 years. I would not legalize pot. Medical pot, OK. I would also reduce the penalties for pot. Simple citations and fines.

I believe there are good medical reasons for pot. Cancer patients, seizures, etc. If the government would allow more research you could find the benefits faster. Israel is doing great pot research. They use it in old age homes.
    But pot has it's negatives. It tends to make you lazy if used regularly(personal opinion). You shouldn't drive, etc.

Why make it easier to get. If legal, MORE people will try it and more people will have the negative effects of pot.

I started in college during the Vietnam protests. We fought for a just cause, in my opinion, but the pot didn't help. Didn't attend many classes because I slept through them. No this is not my personnel experience, all my pot friends did the same thing.

Now, as an old farts and retired like Breeze, I love getting high. It's OK to be lazy at our age. Nothing like a glass of wine and a little smoke before dinner. You really enjoy the meal. Maybe we should legalize it for people over 50.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nevyn

Nevyn
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I slept through a lot of college classes without smoking pot.

And when the worst social ill you describe is lazyness, that is probably not something that needs a federal ban. As has been pointed out many times, alcohol is in fact far worse.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad

Trips to Vegas:
    lol. No shit, Nevyn.

I read that post and thought I needed to queue up Steely Dan's third album.

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. wineguy

wineguy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    No need for national... get it legalized in CA ( on the ballot once again this year) and 6-8 other states will quickly do same.

There's your critical mass to push it nationally

8. Nevyn

Nevyn
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I thought part of the awkwardness was that there is actually a federal prohibition, so even in states where it is legal, the feds could choose to make things quite uncomfortable.

9. wineguy

wineguy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    agreed, but don't you think that once there are more than a handful of states with it legal that the case to be made to the Feds will be simpler?

10. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad

Trips to Vegas:
    Does anyone know what constitutes a legal threshold for Driving While Munchied?