Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Mar 15, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Anyone else dealing with insurance companies? Have you noticed how post-2008 and especially in the past 3-4 years it has become pretty much their standard operating procedure to challenge almost everything presented to them with almost a fistful of vengeance?

Seems every year they believe they have to employ additional audit tactics, stalling techniques, creative reasons why they should be giving additional considerations for discounted invoices, etc., etc.

This is more so than all the others I deal with in my business, trucking companies, railroads, fleet administrators and rental equipment companies, etc.

Most of the insurance companies just portray the attitude like they are exempt from paying standard billing for industry practices? IMO anyways.

Maybe it's just me though?

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend
    Expand Collapse
    I am who I am; who else could I be?
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yes, I deal with them daily. They are the devil. It's easier and cheaper to deny, delay, and obstruct. Just business to them.

3. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

In England they are pretty good about paying out as long as you have a crime report or can prove accidental damage. Of course, they whack up the annual premium afterwards to help claw some back.

4. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Comparing them to all the other clients and customers we have, they are the worst. Actually pre-2008, all the insurance companies were reasonably good to deal with and fair in all aspects. Of course, there are ones not so well liked or cherished to do work for back then too, but now---just seems as it is completely the opposite.

One of the old time company (not free lance or from an adjusting firm) adjusters told me, "since the 2008 decline of investments profits, it is tougher for the insurance companies and their holding companies to live off of investments, so they set new and lower loss reserves for their clients every year since 2008". And of course, he told me openly how his bosses are ordered to chop everything they can.

Makes one really want to mark things up if it can be justified and then offer them a discount and hopefully get more than you would with other clients that don't 'nightmare bitch' at every line item on the invoices, etc.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yep.

I will say that USAA is fantastic and they don't hold me over a barrel when (it is rare) that I have a claim. They are great.

6. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

I am referring to doing work for them either directly or indirect, where the insured had hired us. Our invoices run from a low of $25k to $250k as a norm.

I had an instance to do work for a previous insurance company, where it was the one my business insured with as well and although it was a commercial policy for multiple trucks and business locations, they never complained or cut anything that was submitted as a claim by us, but as far as doing work for them, they argued and challenged everything.

7. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    My wife got T-boned a couple years ago, and AAA was fantastic with the claim. even paid more than high Blue book for the car as we had custom wheels, and other add-ons that they added to the value of the car when paying the claim. I think we got about $5k more than what the car was worth if I had tried to sell it private party at the time of the accident.

8. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I could see on invoices that high that if they can just try to cut 10% off every invoice submitted, it adds up for them over the course of a year. They are for-profit companies as well...........................

9. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    To a certain extent, it's kind of like when the cable company tacks on fees to you or a company double charges you for something -- they make it so damn hard for you to get your money back after they've taken it and put up so many procedural road blocks, a ton of people just give up and take it rather than hassle with it or take the time. It's ridiculous. Thuggish business tactics, which abound.

• Like Like x 1