Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Inbox content, someone clue me in.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Apr 11, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I have notice over the past couple of years an increase in the amount of emails concerning "Click here to fund your account with the direct deposited paycheck you received from us" or the "Congrats, you have won $350,000,000.00" or the "Your name was drawn from a list of (so and so)" or the "You are the beneficiary of (So-and-So) passing away and he/she left you $ XYC, send us $319.00 to cover the wiring of such funds, etc." Or many other completely bogus and out of the blue, pot of gold dropping out of this air into my email box.

The other ones all come from scamsters with the bank account scam. Click here, do not go onto your Wells Fargo or Bank of A or other major bank, you bank account has been hacked and you have to go on here to straighten it out, etc. I don't even have those bank accounts, I can only imagine you will be asked all you personal and banking info and then will be hacked, but I don't know, however- I think I am correct. Curious though, anyone know???

Is it just mine, has it always been there? The next question is really dumb I think; Do people actually believe these?

Oh well, most all I do delete but have to confess, once in awhile I actually have to open a few and read for amusement purposes.

2. wigwam_timeshares

wigwam_timeshares
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It has always been there.

The last stats I saw were in 2013 and there was nearly 100 billion spam emails sent per day globally. That number has definitely decreased since as hackers are finding new ways to cause us problems but I don't know what the current figure is.

The reason you are getting more is because the longer you have an email address the more chance there is of it getting onto spam lists and when it does it gets onto more and more at an exponential rate because the lists are shared.

As for people believing them...this is a very rare case but:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

It's all about volume. You throw out 365 billion emails like this and some people are going to bite.

3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

I heard in Africa you can keep your lap-top and cell phone and the government provides Wi-Fi for its prisons. Logical explanation as to how he commincates with her when he is so-called "arrested and imprisoned".

4. TheCooler

TheCooler
    Expand Collapse
    Nimble Navigator
    Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I found a picture of Glen.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

I was in Wells Fargo back a couple of months ago to cash a check from some one. There are posters plastered all over telling its customers not to respond to, answer or communicate with anyone claiming to be Wells Fargo Security or International Operations, etc. It clearly states Wells Fargo would never send out an email such as those.

6. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, you don't know me well enough to do that, only Ken and VegasBJ can. However, at least she was a female admiring me the reverse of your situation. :)