Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

In the midst of all the ridiculous anguish ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ken2v, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

I can't get your photo to load Shifter. What is a 911? When we were younger we would race motorcycles as couples. ( I rode bitch not my own bike) We would watch up with comparable bikes. Our first bike was a Harley that we had a friend put a 6 speed Baker transmission in, so it was faster than most people thought. But then my husband decided to buy another bike, a yellow Boss Hoss. Lol It was so fast and loved the feel of the wind in my face as the scenery blurred by. One thing we have never had is a fast sports car. I had a Mustang convertible up until 2008, but I don't really consider that a "fast" car. Anyway can you post your photo again so I can see it?

2. natedog666

natedog666
    Expand Collapse
    17 and 20
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Platinum Linker

Sounds really fun! How much does it cost to race there?

3. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    LWC just really pushes young wine, it's a religion, nearly, as you know. But they are using grapes from vineyards where other people are still touting the benefits of laying stuff down for a while. Is that simply a taste/structure philosophy or is LWC doing things with, say, Clos Pepe grapes that Wes was not?

P.S. 10 Pinots not 12.

#23 Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. wineguy

wineguy
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    not sure I can comment one way or another...we've always enjoyed our LWC at young ages because their wines work better then others at that stage (2-3 years old). We've also enjoyed LWC with some age, usually around 6-8 years, and have found them still vibrant and full of stuffing. I think Brian decided early on that he wanted wines that were approachable young and set out to craft his wares in that manner. I don't think its particularly idiosyncratic.

I haven't visited the tasting room so haven't heard what you have in terms of what they "push" but i learned a long time ago to take what I hear in a tasting room with a very large grain of salt, especially since i managed one for a time ;). Tasting room folk may be well meaning, but can often dispense half-truths and propaganda. i'm sure you know all of that

• Like Like x 1
  5. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks. We've only tasted LWC with either Brian or Kimberly pouring, excluding of course bottles we open at home. But, yep, beware the chatter. The nice thing around here is you often have the person who grew the grapes and/or made the wine serving.

It is far from scientific and of course is grape, year and maker dependent, but over our five years here we seem to have settled in to "peak" being five to seven, but we really do enjoy younger ones. (We're tearing through '07s, '08s and '09s now -- Ampelos, Clos Pepe, Alma Rosa, Prodigal, Huber -- and they aren't getting "better" to our way.) On the young stuff could that be an acid thing? I like a bit of acid. Maybe that's why LWC is one of our tops, they seem to be able to deliver acid and fruit???

(Veej and Malibu got in on a few -- we were floored a while back when we popped our last Foley 2010 Two Sisters Pinot. Lorna graciously let two cases go from the library.)

We need a seminar. You're nominated to lead!

#25 Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. vegasmacker

vegasmacker
    Expand Collapse
    VP Bar Degenerate
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    @Hoofy7 it's a car from Porche

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris

Chris
    Expand Collapse
    Lethal
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Shifter, my Goodyears can only dream of a 1.5 60' !!!
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

8. Chris

Chris
    Expand Collapse
    Lethal
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Working on my tan for next weekend! Just started a bonfire, time to cook some brats and crush a few more brews. Screw the yardwork, it can wait.
    Register or Login

• Like Like x 2
  9. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    $20

• Like Like x 1
  10. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer
    Expand Collapse
    "What doesn't kill you makes you strong."
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Launch control and the ZF dual clutch are just awsome engineering.
    Would have loved the result of your 991 and the 12C.
    Next time.