Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

I need help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DaaaaaaBears, Feb 20, 2016.

1. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm having trouble with a personal situation in my life. Long story short, my elderly father who is a Vietnam veteran had a severe accident. His step daughter moved him to her state to get appropriate care from the VA. In the last month, he has called me and told me he believes she and her daughter are stealing money from him. I do not know his whereabouts and the cell phone they had given him has been disconnected. I have really nowhere to start, other than I do have his step daughter's address and phone number. Of course she won't return my calls or messages in Facebook. I'm less concerned about his money and more concerned abut his safety. Does anyone have experience with situations like this? I'm worried about my father and don't know where to start. I believe he was in assisted rehab living arrangement, but I've also tried calling most of those establishments in the area with no luck. I've also contacted the local police department and they've told me they will file a missing person's report but that will only help if he turns up, then they will notify me. Any suggestions. I'm stressing about this one.

#1 Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. bcmike

bcmike
    Expand Collapse
    Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Wow, sorry to hear and hopefully he's ok. Would the VA knew where he is? I assume there's a pension or something being sent out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Yeah, there is a monthly pension he gets as a retired officer. I will call the Kentucky veterans affairs office money when they open

• Like Like x 2
  4. kjell28

kjell28
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Wow that's awful...hope you find him soon, and can get him into a better situation. So sorry you have to go through something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Every department of social services has an adult protective services division. I would call the local one.

Me being me, I'd also call the local one to where he lived before his move and tell them the same thing and say that I believe they moved him to Kentucky to make it easier to steal money from him. You may not think that, but it can help your case because they may decide to investigate on their end.

• Like Like x 2
  6. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse

You may end up having to go to your local adult protective services department anyways since I suspect that no one will answer the phone when you try to call them

7. RonnieVegas

RonnieVegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    We had a similar situation with my now deceased father in-law. He moved in with my then wife's sister and all of the sudden her and her husband was balling out of control. Luckily I was able to call and persuade the security department at the bank to take a look at his account for suspicious activity. The bank said he was having hundreds of dollars withdrawn like clock-work each Friday afternoon between 4:30 and 5:00pm.

We were able to stop in and get a little bit of the money back from the thieving sister, but not much. It was a rough family situation for quite awhile and I remember when I was getting divorced it hit me as I was driving that I never had to deal with that sister again and I got a big smile on my face.

I would contact any local authority and have as much documentation ready as possible. Even if that is only his personal info and who he banks with and who he receives his pension from. Make it easy for them to make a call and look at his account and you will have a better chance of getting results.

8. Dreamsh!t

Dreamsh!t
    Expand Collapse
    Love craps, and beer!.
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    If you want to send me a private message, I may be able to track her down.

(that is get a address, current phone, etc.)

#8 Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Thank you, I hadn't thought about social services. I'll give them a ring on Monday.

10. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Why is that? Do you think I'll have to physcially make the trip to KY to speak with them?