Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Hurricane Matthew watch?

Discussion in 'There's More To Life Than Vegas?' started by IM ALL IN, Oct 4, 2016.

1. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Hi, I'm on the Mandalay Bay Cruise this Saturday Oct 8, and gambling/staying at Seminole Hard Rock in Fort Lauderdale the evening prior, Friday Oct 7. (yes our first two ports are Haiti and Jamaica although I know RC can adjust) (God bless the people in Haiti as they don't need another disaster) I have been told by MB that so far, RC is still sailing and (Oasis can always sail, bigass ship that she is) and will keep me informed. However...with the Southern Florida warnings, does FLL still accept flights in during a hurricane? A lot of us are flying in on Friday..and I take it if we can't fly in, we ain't on the Cruise. I'm from the West (Vancouver BC) and I think our airport closes down if there is a mild "Strong Wind". Does FLL usually land planes during storms? If we can't land on the Friday..RC will be short a hundred or so gamblers if Oasis sets sail as usual on Saturday. (and was soooo looking forward to playing at Seminole Hard Rock). Any insight for me? Travelling solo and just wanted to know if I should remind the kids of where Mom's will is kept...

2. TexasLady

TexasLady
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Go on to the RCLcruise site and at the bottom of the page in the small print go into Itinerary updates.

Hurricane Matthew Weather Update
    October 4, 2016
    6:00p.m. (EST)

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew. Due to the storm, PortMiami is planning to close to all marine traffic on Thursday and reopen on Friday. Because of this, Empress of the Seas next sailing will now depart on Friday, October 7, 2016. Boarding on Friday will take place as soon as we receive notification from PortMiami authorities. To compensate for the missed day, Royal Caribbean will provide each stateroom with an onboard credit in the amount of one day based on the cruise fare paid, which will be credited to guests' onboard accounts. As a gesture of goodwill, we will also be providing all sailing guests with a 25% future cruise credit. We encourage guests sailing on Empress of the Seas to monitor this website tomorrow for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section requesting your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

Royal Caribbean International will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will provide updates as soon as they become available.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tellafriend

Tellafriend
    Expand Collapse
    I am who I am; who else could I be?
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

4. sdbruin619

sdbruin619
    Expand Collapse
    Say Whaaaaa?
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Thats a train not a ship

• Like Like x 1
  5. sdbruin619

sdbruin619
    Expand Collapse
    Say Whaaaaa?
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    dup

6. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Gees Thanks!

7. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

I went to Miami for my birthday during Katrina and we couldn't fly into Miami. A hurricane wasn't going to stop us, so we flew into Jacksonville and drove to Miami