Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

How to Continue Making VB Grow

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by tom4u, Jul 17, 2016.

1. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

There are other Vegas forums. So far, this one has the foundation and potential to surpass all others due to the perfect storm and combination of its community.

Here are some thoughts how to further enhance and continue the momentum.

Vegas has shown the ability to bring people to them because it offers

Welcoming excitement,
    Adventure,
    Diversity,
    Sexiness,
    Playfulness,
    Indulgence,
    Entertainment….
    Oh and you can also win things!

This board offers the same things.

Welcoming Excitement— When a new member joins and reads the content, it IS intimidating to see the level of interaction amongst the regulars. I was that person, still am to some extent.

New Members - Use the emojis to get involved without actually having to type anything. You can feel apart of the flowing conversation without interrupting it. Then add your words/opinions/thoughts when you are comfortable and have an idea of the personalities you are interacting with. This was the way I chose to do it, there are many other ways.
    Regulars- I see you! And appreciated the subtle ways you welcomed me. When joining a new community, a New member just wants to feel welcomed.
    When new members post, all it takes is for a Regular to use a quick emoji (like, agree, haha, love, etc.) to acknowledge the posting. It’s not much but let me tell you… the psychological effects are tremendous. To see a Regular whom you’ve read many posts of acknowledging your existence is heart warming. PT Triple is an excellent example of doing this, and of course, the Chairman (shifter) makes good effort to do this. When the top prolific posters acknowledge others, it’s really easy to feel welcomed.

Adventure— The Trip Reports on here are amazing. The diversity offers a little to satisfy everyone’s Vegas styles. This is the section that gets the views because who doesn’t love an adventure. To follow along, ask questions, and get replies means you’re right there with them.
    New members—jump in and wish them luck, ask questions. I’m sure they would love to know you are following along. They are posting for you!
    Regulars- answering your fan’s questions is the way to go! They’re invested in your journey.

Diversity – The tolerance level is quite high.
    New members- you will definitely agree and disagree with some view points here. No matter who you are, where you are, what your background is… I’m pretty sure you will relate with someone here.
    Regulars- you’re all bunch of weirdo’s. Keep it up. Joking. I think. Lol

Sexiness- We talking about Vegas baby!!! The gender ratio will balance out eventually. In the mean time, I think PT Triple’s reports have a monopoly covered on this for now. I’m sure he would love for other’s to share and raise the level of sexiness.
    Playfulness- There is definitely playful flirting going on here. Social interaction between genders, combined with Vegas seems to bring that out. There’s also good-natured ribbing of each other.

New members- Don’t take things so personal. It may be hard if someone gives you a negative rating or comment. At first, I thought I could avoid getting negative ratings. It’s impossible. Who cares. Just be you.
    Regulars- Yeah, you’re still weirdos. But likeable!

Indulgence- Umm, this is a community about Vegas right?! Like minded folks experiencing Vegas in their own ways and sharing a part of their personal life with you.
    New members- Don’t be hating. Jump in.
    Regulars- Don’t judge. Be you, be weird.

Entertainment- With a diverse core group that exists here and continuing to grow, if you are not entertained on this site, you have not browsed around enough. People come to Vegas for the entertainment and gambling. This site offers exactly that, the information is very good and reliable.
    New members- Appreciate what is offered and express your gratitude. It takes a lot of time/effort by some of these folks to do what they do and share it with you, for your entertainment. The more you express, the higher likely they will repeat their efforts. The cycle continues, growth exists.
    Regulars- Thank you.

Winning – if you’re here, you’re winning.

(this ad has been brought to you by the welcoming attitude of it’s regulars or just me)

As a once new member, I evolve with this site as it evolves.

It’s only going to get better. Thanks.

• Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 3
    • VB Gold Medal Post VB Gold Medal Post x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    @tom4u

Here are a few emojis.?:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BTW....I'm a fan.....keep posting!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Great to have you aboard and your posts have been great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Broncofn

Broncofn
    Expand Collapse
    The OG Habibi Hugger Founder's Club Gold Linker

Awesome post!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm a middle aged lady sliding- hopefully slowwwly into old(er) age. I enjoy all boards. All have + all have negatives. I love the banter and playfulness of this board. I think most have thicker skin and if you are full of BS someone will call you out on it. I also like the freedom to post what you think without fear of it being removed. Even old Grandma here has had posts removed over there.

What I don't like about this board is personal attacks and extreme name calling of a member on another board -- who is not here to defend his/herself. I'm not talking about someone posting comments on here and then get taken to the whipping post when that person is here posting stirring the proverbial pot. There is some really vile name calling sometimes and I guess I am old fashioned. Certain things you don't call a woman. At least publicly on a board and then naming her. Again, I am not talking about posts complaining about moderation or disagreement on how other boards are run etc. Just the personal attacks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  6. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    Great post Tom! Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

You are right; it’s not nice to attack someone who can’t defend him/herself.

Since this is a Vegas forum, the analogy I see it as. You’re a long time gambler. Sometimes you lose a hand, and it’s upsetting. Everyone reacts to losing differently, some much better than others.

The reason you react is because you care in some shape or form.

I learned long time ago that anger is often a mask for feeling hurt. People display their level of hurt differently. Some with harsh words, some with judgment, and in varying emotional styles like jokes and insults.

I believe a lot of people had invested a lot of personal time into something and felt unappreciated for it.

Most of the time, the reaction is just reflective of that person’s hurt more so than the actual person they are reacting to.

It will lessen on this board as the issue and it’s meaning evaporates over time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    FYI she's always welcome to join. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Krh2o

Krh2o
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    And she does read this board too. But I am sure the talk about that will die down (just like her page views), it's just a lot of people are on this board not only because we love Vegas, but how we were treated on the other site.

With new people joining after this weekends fiasco this board will really take off. Grown ass adults don't need a baby sitter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Packer

Packer
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Platinum Linker

tom4u, your hired!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1