Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Hotel Comp Check In

Discussion in 'Comps' started by J2K7, Oct 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. J2K7

J2K7
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm going to be in Vegas 10/26-10/30. My Dad is going to be getting their the day before me on 10/25. I went ahead and booked a room reservation from 10/25 - 10/30 under my total rewards offers. Will it cause a problem with him checking in the day before me without me present? Also - we have the same name (I'm a Jr.). They may not even click at the front desk.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer
    Expand Collapse
    "What doesn't kill you makes you strong."
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    You may be ok only because of the same name.
    Give him your CC also.
    They want to verify the person they are giving the room to is the one checking in.

3. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    You can also call and add him to your reservation.

I double booked a room for a friend at a different hotel on our last trip. Called the morning of check in and said I had a business meeting run late and that I was going to miss my flight but didn't want my girlfriend waiting to check in. They added her name to the reservation and she was able to show her ID and pick up the room keys.

4. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer
    Expand Collapse
    "What doesn't kill you makes you strong."
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Hard4,
    I would think one would either need a relationship with the property or have a host etc.
    I have gotten free rooms for my daughter but I have a host who is involved. To get what sounds like a mailed or general marketing offer from TR,
    I wouldn't want to count on it being honored if the card holder was not present. Although the same name will most likely work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Maybe I just got lucky then. I agree though same name and nobody will know the difference

6. Its Only Money

Its Only Money
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    This is with MLIfe so CET may be different but, my last trip I had flight problems and my wife arrived earlier than I did. She was coming from LA I was coming from Ohio. Our accounts are not connected, we rectified that after I arrived, since the reservation was a comp under my name she could not check in. We had to change the comp to a paid night to allow her to check in. When I got in later that same day VIP services was able to change the rate back to a comp. It was strange, but if I didn't make it in on the same day they would have charged the full rack rate. It all worked out in the end, but I could see your situation as possibly problematic