Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Holy hell did I miss a bunch of s$@#

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Funkhouser, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Funkhouser

Funkhouser
    Expand Collapse
    Official Non-Content Team

Trips to Vegas:
    I know a bunch of this has been covered in another thread, so I won't tread far down that path.
    Obviously I was one of the VMBer's that was out of the know on a lot of drama going down over there.

So by my scorecard we have revolt in the Vegas internet space, much like some of us old timers who were on OpenVegas, VegasRex, etc have seen in the past. Myself I have been given an infraction before usually because someone did not like opinion and posted something unkind, which I promptly gave it back.

Having been on the receiving end of censorship on multiple sites, there are ones that are more of a bar room type board and those that are a tea room type of board. I like unfiltered content, however not everyone on the internet knows how to be respectful of other peoples feelings and opinions, aka kindergarten manners. But its sounds like a heavy hand was being used over at VMB based on what second hand information I have heard thus far.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TBONE3336

TBONE3336
    Expand Collapse
    This space for rent.
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Hey Funkhouser! Welcome aboard.. I was in the same boat, with not really having any issues, I generally stay away from hot topics in favor of the fun stuff anyway. I will add this board has provided way more LOL moments in the short time I have been here that I have had little need to look elsewhere since joining. But like they say, variety is the spice of life so all is good with multiple choices in my mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. natedog666

natedog666
    Expand Collapse
    17 and 20
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Platinum Linker

Just check out PTs TR and the difference is noticeable

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yankees4ever31

Yankees4ever31
    Expand Collapse
    Boy, the way Glenn Miller Played.....
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Welcome to VB and this is definitely the best there is. No PC bullshit to put up with here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PayTriple

PayTriple
    Expand Collapse
    The Cucumber King
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yes! Now I'm shaved! My pubes have been freed!
    Hey Funkhouser, try typing this: Douchebag!!!!!

#5 Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    LMAO
    Shaved???? I thought your strength was in your 70s bush???
    Were your pubes freed or bagged????

#6 Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  7. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I personally don't have a problem with the other board but I understand the frustration that some felt. I only had one comment removed over there that I never understood why. It was a thread about the Dixie Chicks coming to Vegas. I like their music I just didn't like their comments regarding their fans. -- I really don't care about their political preferences. I also know people who have had personal business dealing with the chicks -- they are not nice people. My comments were removed twice and the thread was shut down. No one was argumentative or ugly to each other. I still post more over there because I am more comfortable there. But I get a kick out of you guys over here. This seems to be mainly a guys forum. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Lot of f-bombs and I don't have a problem with that either. It's funny because at work in our office we give a supervisor report from shift to shift at 7 am to 7 pm. We are all experienced nurses in our 40s-50s. We drop the f-bomb all the time. Funny that I can't write it and I won't use the word in front of men. I also won't wear white after Labor Day and before Easter -- thanks Mom.

There seems to be a lot of anger with a few over here that get pretty hateful ugly when it comes to Sonya -- which to me is a turn off.

• Like Like x 2
  8. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I don't think that is the overwhelming sentiment held by most. I think that is relegated to a select few who have had problems over the years with her. When people have trouble with other people they vent their anger and frustration to those who will listen. Since it can't be done over there... it's done over here.

I still appreciate that board for what it is... but I certainly prefer the atmosphere over here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    No issues with the other board ... just haven't found it nearly as compelling as this one. There's a lot of fun happening here for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. PayTriple

PayTriple
    Expand Collapse
    The Cucumber King
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I also think the vehement venting is pretty much done now, there hasn't been any in weeks, and I'm pretty sure anything ugly will be shouted down by the majority.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1