Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Headed to AC Beerfest - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jonnyvegas, Apr 7, 2016.

1. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    If you love craft beer and have a current favorite, what is it?.
    I'm heading to AC tomorrow, staying at Harrah's and sampling some of the 100+ breweries at the fest. I'm hoping to come away with a few new favorites. Hopefully some interesting stuff to post pics of as well as a good gambling story or two.:beermug::beermug::beermug:

2. Chess

Chess
    Expand Collapse
    Chester the Molester
    Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Drink lots of brews....shall be a good time !!

3. SDSteve

SDSteve
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I'm partial to the West Coast beers, but I'm not sure how many you'll get out that way. Captain Lawrence makes good stuff. Also Dogfishead if you are into stranger things. Their 90 minute IPA is one of THE great beers. Have fun!

4. TBONE3336

TBONE3336
    Expand Collapse
    This space for rent.
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Have a great time jonny! Looking forward the pics and details!:beercheers::beercheers:

5. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I've had plenty of Dogfishead over the years. I do like their 90 minute IPA. I've never heard of Captain Lawrence. I will keep an eye out for it.

6. maluhia

maluhia
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Personal recommendations on a few:
    Sours are a favorite so I highly recommend trying New Belgiums Transatlantique Kriek.
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    -
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login
    - This beer was quite good
    Chocolate Shake - Fort Collins Brewery - tastes like cake and is delicious
    Avoid Travelers if you have never had it.
    Lagunitas is one of the bf's favorite breweries, their IPA or Lagunitas Sucks are his go to if available.

7. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Captain Lawrence did have some samples there. I don't remember what samples they had because I got to their stand towards the end and well, I was pretty drunk by then. So I can't remember if I enjoyed them. I imagine I did. There weren't many I didn't enjoy. :D

8. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I believe all the breweries you mentioned were there. There were so many, my head was spinning. I was a kid in a candy store. Why do you dislike Travelers? I've had some of their beers before and I like them.

9. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The beerfest was great. Had a basic comped room at Harrah's. No real exciting gambling to report. Hit a straight flush at 3 card and almost hit for a million on the six card bonus (oh wait, I wasn't playing it - which I detailed in another thread.)

The beerfest was huge. About 150 breweries and over 1000 varieties. They actually sang the Star Spangled Banner before letting everybody in. Lot's of people dressed up and were really into it. I was just into trying lots of beers. I accomplished my goal and then some. There was also lots of other stuff for sale. Stuff like shirts, hot sauces and lots of other crap. Pokerstars was there trying to get people to sign up. Unfortunately, I'm in PA and it's not legal here yet. I did talk to Chris Moneymaker for a bit. He was there promoting PS.

I'm an equal opportunity beer drinker. I like everything from hoppy IPAs to fruity beers. Every fruit you can think of is now a flavor in beer. I had some really good pineapple, mango and grapefruit beers. Also enjoyed some chocolate / peanut porters and a few beer slushies.

I'm looking forward to going again next year.

#9 Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login
    Register or Login