Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Live Hard4 - Cosmo - 12/7-12/11

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Hard4, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Went all degenerate last night and stayed up until 4. Didn't go well, but could have been a lot worse - only down a few hundred for the trip.

Chicago is going to get pounded with snow and southwest already cancelled our flight that was supposed to leave tomorrow AM. We rebooked for Monday. So at least we got an extra day and a half out of it.

Going to the outlet mall to buy more underwear and another shirt.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Sometimes I wish I had no choice but to stay an extra day through no fault of my own!

Sounds like a pretty decent run so far. Good luck!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks. Yes I consider it a blessing - gotta love a free vacation day in Vegas

Hit a few good rolls at craps and off to mirage to eat at Portofino

4. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Well this TR went to hell. I kept meaning to update but got lazy. Back at work today and will recap the rest of the trip when I get a chance.

5. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Okay, so now I'm trying to do a recap and wrap this up, and of course I can't remember much (running on hardly any sleep).

After the flight got cancelled, we rebooked for the following day, but really got an extra day and a half. Before hitting the mall to buy more clothes (I bought necessities and wife went all out shopping), we hit Dupar's downtown for breakfast. I had been wanting to try the pancakes I keep hearing about, and they were indeed good. However, I wouldn't feel the need to eat there again.

We got back to Cosmo and hit up the FedEx on the 3rd floor to buy a box. Went up to the room and threw all the dirty clothes and shoes that were no longer needed into the box and mailed it home. This's how much I hate to check a bag at the airport.

We ended up slowly grinding away at the gamble and just couldn't get anything going. I kept betting on my wife's rolls in craps, hoping she would heat up again, but it never happened. We also played a lot of buffalo and got some decent hits, but never cashed out for anything of substance.

Sunday night we went to see David Copperfield and had lunch at Emerils New Orleans Fish House. The meal and show were both great.

Monday, we just stayed at Cosmo. Ate wicked spoon for brunch and gambled until we went to the airport.

I'm sure there's much more that I just can't remember.

Totals for the entire trip:

-$3,021 loss - about 40% of my bankroll

Craps +$2,944
    Roulette +$410
    Slots -$1,175
    Bacc -$1,300
    Blackjack -$3,900

Overall it was a weird trip for my gambling - played much less BJ than normal because I couldn't get a winning session, so I just stopped playing it. After getting crushed every time, I just said screw it and played more slots. Craps went well overall, and that's always good since it's my favorite game. I also played a lot of slots this trip (for me at least). Normally I do about $5k coin in on a 4-5 day trip and this time I did around $28k.

Totals from Cosmo host:

$24k coin on on slots at

$161 average on table games

6.5 hours spent on table games

$3,224 Theo

-$5,335 actual loss

Obviously I couldn't win shit at Cosmo, but I guess if you're gong to lose, it might as well be at the place you're staying. The host was able to take off $175 on the back end after covering the 1br terrace for 5 nights, so I guess that's about right.

Although it sucks to take a loss, I figured it was coming eventually. We had a great time, ate some great meals, and were able to relax a little before the holidays. If I could go back in time to last week, would I do it again? Absolutely.

After this trip, we're still up about $4,200 on Vegas this year. Looking forward to the next trip!!

Income by category:

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

Expense by category:

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

#25 Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I also need to figure out if it's worth it to use my players card at craps. At Cosmo, they don't count your odds into average bet. So on a $25 table I've got a PL bet and 2 Come bets with full odds. Say the points are 4,5,6 - that means I've got $375 on the table, but I'm getting rated at $75. I checked with a host before and after playing my last craps session and my average went down from $260 to $161. I mentioned to her that I shouldn't use my card for craps and she insisted that it's beneficial because it adds time, which is an important part of the equation.

What do you guys think about this? I'm sure it helps on the "time" side of the equation, but I'm not so sure that it helps enough to offset the amount of damage it does to the "average bet" side.

7. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Is this "time" worth the potential money lost? That really sucks to drop a hundred bucks on the average.