Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Hail Mary

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by pressitagain, Mar 8, 2016.

1. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse
    VB DEGENERATE Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    We've all been there...gambling aspirations gone south. We have one last chance to get it all back before the flight home (drive back) or before turning in at night.

After a crappy trip/night (o'fer 8), I find myself on the slot machines. Hoping for that one "Hail Mary." I'm about 1 out of 25 in that department....it was a 2k jackpot, to break even for the night.

What's your "Hail Mary?" How often does it work for you?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Lol, we do the same thing. But it's never worked, 0'fer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I hope you don't have to use it for the upcoming trip but you are definitely due!!!

4. Slotness

Slotness
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    If I go home home with money it's usually because I hit on the slots on the way out the door (very telling about my gambling style:)

Husband doesn't gamble on the day of check out. I skip breakfast and head to the floor early.

Sunday/Monday mornings (before check out) are my Hail Mary sessions and I'd guess they've produced 4 figure wins on about 40% of my trips to AC and Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Three instances come to mind but before I get into them one thing I like to do is Hail Mary parlays. Whether MLB, NCAA Football, NFL or NBA. If I've been losing I'll go sit in the book and bet single games or totals but i also like to do $10-20 8-10 team parlays. I've never hit one yet (prob 0-15?) but I was super close.

The SB where DEN got slaughtered by SEA I was sick of losing. I couldn't win shit and I lost a big chunk on the SB because I was on Denver and pretty much every prop associated with them.

I went to bed early and got up the next day and didn't gamble a cent. I finally got bored and decided to walk over to Mirage and watch NBA games. I hit a couple small 2-3 team parlays and a few single bets but I had a 10-teamer going that would've paid out $2500ish. I was 9/10 and the last game was Memphis against San Antonio. If I recall MEM was something like +8 and were leading most of the game and then pissed the lead away late in the game and eventually lost and missed covering by a hair. All I could do was laugh.

Usually my Hail Mary attempts on tables are loading up on a shooter or shooters at dice or sitting at blackjack.

One craps session I was down a lot and leaving soon. This old dude gets the dice. He was sitting in a bar chair at the table because he was old. His hands were mangled from arthritis and years of playing the stand up bass. This guy took me from $3k in the hole to up $3500. He didn't do it all in one hand though. He would roll for awhile and seven out and then we would pass the dice right back to him. This was in 2011 at Venetian.

The other two I can think of were blackjack sessions. One I took my last budgeted $1000 and played $100 base bet and ran that up to $5500. Another time the night before I left I put in a grind session and ended up getting even after sitting there like 8 hours. I was down to my last bet once ($100) and ran it back up to a shade under $5k. Most of it was heads up. This was at Palazzo.

• Like Like x 2
  6. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I wish I was that lucky....

I'm at 10 percent of your 40......LOL....4 percent...

7. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    At least you can tell about those stories...I wish I was even that lucky...

• Like Like x 1
  8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I couldn't even count the failed bankroll resuscitation attempts. Most of the time I lose when shooting for a recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    LOL...I knew I wasn't alone out there...

• Like Like x 4
  10. speedfile

speedfile
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Yesterday at Sands, I was down to my last 300 of my 4000 bank roll after a couple hours of going back and forth. So on my 300, I decided to play 200 on the dragon bonus and 100 on player and the player won 9-0 so the bonus was 30 to 1. I went straight to the cashier and left rather quickly.

Another time at borgata I was down to my last 600 from a 8000 BR. I decided leave the Midi table and go to the mini baccarat where they had the 40-1 banker win on 7 bonus, I caught two back to back 7bonuses and got all my BR back. But I didn't quit so I ended up giving everything back after a few hours.

• Like Like x 3