Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Golf in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by DaaaaaaBears, Feb 9, 2016.

1. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I love golf. I usually try to play once or twice a week when the weather cooperates but in 50+ trips to Las Vegas I have never played there. This may be the wrong place to ask this because of your gambling levels, but for the average joe who isn't getting comped onto Shadow Creek and does not rent a car because his BAC is never below .10 in Las Vegas, what are my options? Is there anywhere close to the strip that I'd be able to get on as a single for a reasonable price? I don't mind getting an Uber to take me to the course, but don't want to sit in a car for 45 minutes each way and I don't really want to spend more than 150 for a round of golf. I'll be in town for March Madness, and I'm seriously considering bringing my sticks. March seems like the ideal time of the year to try to play there. My GF and the guys I'll be with don't want to play, but I don't mind joining a group as a walk-on if that's even possible there?

2. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    You're really limiting your options with those parameters. The nearest courses to the Strip are on LV Blvd -- Wynn (spendy, not worth it) and Bali Hai (not as spendy as before, worth it depends on what they are charging you.) Behind the Hilton -- I'm old school, still call it that -- LVCC has in the past accepted some outside play. And not far east you have LV National -- a decent enough course with middling prices and very slow play. There's also a pitch and putt down by the airport.

Vegas golf quality increases significantly as you move out, and if you can hold that consumption down until you get back a one-day rental certainly would be more economical than a hired-ride out and back.

3. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:

Thanks for all the information Ken. Maybe this is why I haven't ever gotten around to playing. For a degenerate drunk gambler getting to a course and actually playing a round seems like a lot of effort. I don't usually drink any alcohol when I play golf unless I'm in some sort of scramble tournament, but having any period of time without booze in Las Vegas seems sacrilegious. I'll see what I can find out about LVCC and Bali Hai. Hopefully I'm able to get on there.

If anyone will be in Las Vegas for the first weekend of the tournament and would like to play somewhere on Wednesday, let me know if you'd like to try to get on somewhere.

4. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I just got a message from Caesar's. Is Rio Secco or Cascata worth the money?

5. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    If the weather was nice I'd play Rio on a comp. I'd pay money for Cascata. (Not that I have, but I would.)

6. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I like Cascata. You have to factor in the cost of a caddie. I played with a guy that took a cab out from the strip for $150. Definately, if you aren't comped a limo.....rent a car.