Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Golf help for October

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by dawgfan11, Jul 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dawgfan11

dawgfan11
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Group of us going to Vegas for our 35th bdays Oct 7-11th and want to hit a course Saturday morning.

So far i'm looking at
    $109 for Las Vegas National
    $150 for Spanish Trail
    $159 for Rio Secco

Any thoughts or a better suggestion in that price range?

We will probably cab it out to the course if that helps.

Tags:
  2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    October offerings might be somewhat limited due to annual overseeding. IIRC, many Vegas courses reopen in late October/early November, so early October might be dicey. That said, my advice would be to wait until closer to your date and choose something a week or two ahead. If price matters to you, typically the longer you can wait, the better price you'll get. The exception to that rule is "Deal" times on TeeOff.com, which are typically released two weeks ahead, and include some really nice Vegas courses.

Of the three you listed, I've only played Spanish Trail. I loved it, but $150 seems a bit steep for it. I should be playing Rio Secco in August, so I can report back after that. From what I know/have seen, LV Natl. is definitely lowest on your totem pole, and doesn't look like a $109 course to my eye.

3. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

I've only played Rio Secco on that list, however I've researched the other two when previously looking at options. Of those three that are relatively the same price, Rio Secco would be my choice. I'm sure Ken can provide you with some good insight.

On a side note, with uber/lyft it's SO much easier and cheaper to get out to some of the tracks that are little farther out. I used to wind up playing Bali Hai/Wynn quite a bit due to the convenience. If you wanted to play many of the tracks outside of those two you were looking at either the hassle of renting a car, or shelling out $50 each way for a cab ride. Now you can get to most any track in town for under $20, and when you need your return trip you can Uber from the 18th Tee and have someone there by the time you finish up. Definitely makes it easier to get out and explore more without any add hassle or cost.

4. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Agree. I've played Spanish Trail as well and enjoyed the course. $150 does seem a bit much. I usually play with locals and was able to play for $35.

5. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    See what Las Vegas Paiute can do for you. They don't overseed, so that's in your favor, each course out there is more notable than ST and National, and at least the equivalent of RS, and when you think about getting down south and up though Henderson it's about as timely going all-freeway out to Paiute unless you're staying at Green Valley or somewhere else down that way.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Also worth noting that they have 3 nice courses and have a 20% 'bounce back' discount if you play them again within a week.