Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Getting money to Vegas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Clarkgriswald, Jul 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Do just bring cash, wire, LOC, cashier check?

We usually bring cash but we're bringing 15k this time and plan on going to Yosemite first.

How does wiring money work? We're staying at Bellagio so if we wire the money would they make us use it there?

Tags:
  2. Dreamsh!t

Dreamsh!t
    Expand Collapse
    Love craps, and beer!.
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Not sure about the wiring, and availability.

I bring 1-2k, and just go to the bank in Vegas (B of A) and pull out money until my spirit is broken.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Hugo Hackenbush

Hugo Hackenbush
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I just bring cash, ,less hassles...I hide it in a deep pocket in cargo pants and put the pants in the bottom of my carry on as I pass through security...

4. grosx2

grosx2
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Do you remove your pants in the security line? I hope you don't keep your cash in your carry on the whole trip....you should always keep your cash on you until it's in the room safe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Contact the main cage for wiring details. It’ll probably be to a Bank of America account. Money will arrive next day.

You can go to cage and ask for some of it or all. They will give you some in cash but strongly prefer to give you chips. It would help if you have a playing history with them.

From their perspective, Bellagio is not offering the wire service for its patrons to take the money and play elsewhere. They want a chance to win all of it.

If you’ve played poker there (and no other gambling history) and you are requesting chips. They will contact the poker room to verify you actually played in the past base on your poker hours recorded history. This will only be done once the first time you wire. Future times, they won't care since you are now known and on file. The amount wired in needs to be congruent to level of poker played.
    If you have zero history with them, you need to sit down at a gaming table and request your chips to play that way.

Vegas tip-- Once you get chips, you can go to poker room and play for a bit or just go straight to poker cage and cash out into cash if you need more than what the main cage was willing to give you. Then use cash to play at other places if you like.

If/when you want to wire money back home, they will only wire what you originally sent or less in your account. You have to take profits home yourself in a cheque/cash/chips.

Bring some cash with you as well in case wired got delayed a day or something.

6. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    that's not always feasible.

I've brought home 100k in bricks before in my carry on without any problems.

I even put the carry on in the overhead.

you have to realize that nobody knows it's there and every other bag is in there with likely $0 in there, so it's not even worth it for someone to try to rummage around in bags in the overhead.

7. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    you get wire details by calling your host or the cage.

you wire the money with your PC # in the memo line.

when you get there, you check in at the cage and they verify the money on deposit and you can draw markers.

yes, they expect you to play there. they incur a fee for accepting your wire, so they are not very happy if you then withdraw all the cash and go gamble down the street.

you can however withdraw cash at the cage "to play the slots". then you can do whatever you want with the money.

or you can take a marker at the table or draw a TITO at the cage for whatever amount to insert into a slot.

8. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    I've brought 20k in my pants before. spread into 2 pockets.

if you want to play all over the place, I would just wrap it into two stack in 2 pockets and leave it.

then put it in your safe at the hotel.

9. tom4u

tom4u
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Reminds me of a gambling trip I made to Europe. Had over 100k in carry on and stored in overhead. The flight attendant was trying to fit pieces so moved mine to another compartment without me knowing. To them it was just another bag.
    After plane landed, I went to grab it and it wasn't there. I was internally stressed and thought someone stole the bag. But calmly went to ask the attendant and described the bag, never mentioning its content. They said they remembered moving it but forgot to where (umm...what?!). Had to wait till the end and they found it. No one the wiser about it's value to me. Not one of my smarter moments.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yep just like shifter said.

I sent a copy of a cashiers check to Cosmo last month. They were up front on the phone about the funds being used for table games only - no slots or sports book.

It's pretty much a joke though. You can draw a marker at a blackjack table, play 2 hands and color up and leave. Then just cash your chips at the cage and take your money wherever you want.

At the end of the trip, I had a few markers outstanding. I just went to the cage with cash and bought back my markers, and they gave me back my cashiers check. When I got home, I just deposited the cashiers check back into my bank account. Easy peasy.