Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Gambling Superstitions

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by VEGASBJ, Mar 7, 2016.

1. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    has this been done here yet??

Shifter's comment got me thinking when he said that he never has a good gambling session after eating at LeCirque. Can where you eat dinner really affect your gambling session?

What about the clothes you wear - do you have lucky clothes and unlucky clothes? What about a watch or jewelry? does every time you wear your favorite watch turn into a bad session? What if you wore another watch and that session was good? Would that make you self-ban the other watch?

I know some have little trinkets, good luck charms, etc, but my question is - do outside influences like restaurants, certain meals, clothes, or jewelry positively or negatively affect your gambling session? Would Shifter have been lucky that night if he had not eaten at LeCirque, or is this all superstition and he would have won or lost that night regardless?

This is not a troll question, I am actually interested in other's thoughts regarding gambling superstitions, and if these really have an affect on your outcomes?

• Like Like x 1
  2. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse
    VB DEGENERATE Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    When my wife comes to the craps table....seven out.

I don't tell her where I'm going...

• Like Like x 1
  3. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    I definitely have mine.

if I get to the airport for my flight and I get a great parking spot, breeze through security, have the right seat on the plane and travel is seamless, I just can't wait to get to the tables because I know it's going to be a good trip.

if I have a fight with my wife, I don't want to be anywhere near the tables because I'm guaranteed to get crushed.

if I'm on a good streak and somebody new comes up to the table and puts a bet down, I almost always drop my bet or call it off completely. can't count how many times the streak breaks at that exact moment.

on the flipside, if I see a good streak, I'm always weary of dropping into that shoe and putting down a bet because I've been that guy that sits down new and breaks the streak more times than I can count.

• Like Like x 1
  4. geoff

geoff
    Expand Collapse
    Professional nerd, amateur provocateur
    Founder's Club

Young black bj dealer always seems to be a winner for me, Older white women always seem to be losers.. Asians seem to go either way, but polarizing either run super hot or busto really quick.
    Then the typical stuff.. Never use 50's to buyin, always buy in for a full "stacks" 500 greens/2000 blacks, etc

5. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I definitely think you have to be in the right frame of mind to gamble and expect a positive session. Negative energy does not belong around a gambling table - Bacc, BJ, or craps

• Like Like x 1
  6. P1-

P1-
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Agree with the negative energy stuff. If I'm not in a good place, I don't even bother. Might as well just light my money on fire. Also Sundays. Sundays for me are the equivalent of lighting money on fire. Have never even been up nor had any sort of a run. Basically walk in, have the worst shoe possible and walk out wondering what I was thinking.

7. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I won't carry $50 or $2 bills. My worst losses were when I had both. Other than that, I will stick with what "works." If I win, I'll wear the same shoes the next time I play, the same watch, the same hat, whatever. I'm just trying recreate that feeling. Some say that's the sign of a problem but F it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Parallax

Parallax
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    If my bag is one of the first on the carousel at McCarron, it means a good trip. Also, wearing my daughter's rubber band bracelet brings me good luck. I rub it when I cut the cards.

9. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse
    VB DEGENERATE Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Athletes do the same thing to ride the streak...taking it over to the craps table:thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I've been known to wear the same hat or shirt if I've had an insane winning session.

There are the craps superstitions I have but I've broken myself of many of those. But I totally agree on the feel and energy. If I'm dead tired or in a pissy mood it's not wise that I gamble. I'll step away and get a beer and go for a strip walk.