Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

From my Buddy @ The Mirage

Discussion in 'Comps' started by GlenBaccarat79, Feb 5, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I really did not stay much with MGM chain, although played lots at Bellagio, Mirage, etc., was a larger CET player than MGM by far.

#1 Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    when you are saying $500-$600 a day, you mean in theo? If you are talking theo, that is nothing. That could be accomplished with minimal play.

3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

It is what he quoted me, I used to know the Theo's for certain places but lost track of most of them. I do know MGM and CET has changed the way they do their comp's somewhat and cut back a year ago. But, the host definitively told me those 'average wagers' as his thresholds for baccarat to pick up what I normally get for RFB&I. I don't believe it is Theo, I believe it is the actual average wager that is recorded. It is for the standard 4 hours of play per day or combination as long as it equals out to 4 hours for each day stayed.

Meaning if you wager $500 a hand a few times and then a few at $100 a hand and when the floor person looks over say 10 times and sees 7 -9 times with at least one purple chip you will get most likely the $500 rating. If say he sees one or two black chips the majority, you might get a $200 or $250 rating, that is where the average really becomes subjective.

Old school used to tells us, wager higher with bigger denomination chips so it is easier to rate you than wager a whole bunch of different color chips and say throw in $100 to wager a bunch of hands than wager a few less at a steady purple or yellow or two, etc. If it is busy and the floor looks over say 5 times before he writes something down, he sees you with 4 times at a single black and then once with a yellow. Chances are you will be rated with an average $200, maybe $300, probably the $200. Depends on the property and the floor person.

Most hosts will tell a player what they need for an average wager and time playing a certain game at their property for what you want in RFB, etc. Just thought it would help those not into Theo's and the such.

#3 Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  4. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    no, not theo. avg bet 4 hours a day.

that equates to about 2-3k theo per day depending on the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Doh, makes more sense, But is that RFB unlimited? with a daily cap? Still seems pretty easy and fairly accessible, no? Seems really low for a 2 bd suite and RFB for more than two people

6. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    it is Mirage after all ... but that sounds more like the number for a larger 1BR suite and limited F&B, maybe $350/day.

but you are talking $800-1200 in comps per day, so a 2BR at Mirage plus a decent amount of F&B is doable for sure.

7. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Hey Glend, I heard that the Wynn finally has your front money marker ready!!:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You bring that crap up. Damn Wynn. Suckiest Front Money processing crap I ever saw in my life. You know how long it took to get my $20 or $25k whatever it was that night. I sat at your table for like 10 min's while they fumbled about and finally to keep me from blowing up, Vegas BJ pushes me I think $10k of his own chips. They fumbled for like a solid 20 min's, correct me if I am wrong! Every other property just calls to verify your cash on deposit and cuts it out and puts a commission lamer in your box on the baccarat table for the 'loan' until the money slip from the pit clerk actually comes. I went to the Wynn on Asian New Year on my last trip 2015 and almost the same crap. LOL.

9. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

We normally get a room set up, Bottle of XO, Bottle of Dom P, bottle of DiSaronno, a bunch of soda, juices,waters, snacks, lots of fruit and stuff for the kid or kids, etc. We usually eat breakfast at the place we stay everyday and either a lunch or a dinner but seldom all three cause we are always going somewhere and the wife likes to eat out on Spring Mountain Road at places. But I would say at least $500 a day in food plus whatever incidentals or other amenities come to. Spa use always and maybe 2 or 3 shows. I never have a problem getting what I want at CET and usually it is more than that as another couple usually tags along and my host gives them F&B also. I just don't stay at MGM much, just always get the food and shows whenever we want, Johnny took care of us well at the Bellagio but he went to Aria that last I talked to him.

#9 Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016