Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Excuse me, Mr. Trooper you're an A---Hole!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Feb 24, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Yep, I got locked up yesterday by a state trooper. Thrown up against the car, handcuffed and taking to their offices for booking. The guy was up in my face, hurry up, hurry up, get my highway open and all that. Rolled over tanker, I was drilling it to off-load like 7,000 gallons of gasoline. The fire departments only stand-by and the state Haz Mat will not transfer in most cases. Sometimes they will drill them but the trucking company has to provide their own Haz-Mat contractors to off load and transfer before the wreckers recovers the units.

So I am there, grounding and bonding the units, I do over-kill 3 sets of ground wires and ground stakes. I take my time, cause if I blew it all up and if it goes boom, I know I did it all the correct way. So this trooper is up in my face every 3 minutes, hurry up damn you, hurry up. So after about 10 times of all that over about and hour, I climb down off the ladder of the tanker and walk up to the trooper. I ask him what his problem is and he tells me that I am his problem and I am slow. About that time the state Haz-Mat Captain walks over and tells the trooper to back off, its an all morning job. The trooper becomes irate. We get into a yelling contest of sorts and then I tell the trooper, (which I probably should not have done), I don't tell you how to write speeding tickets do I? He gets up in my face and about that time I take off my protection gear and throw it on the ground and of course it hit his feet. The next thing I know is I have handcuffs on and being thrown in the back of his car. Told me I was getting arrested for failure to comply with a police officer and some other crap. I told him he should be charged with being a jerk off, he started to turn red. On the way to his station, I tell the guy, now your really fucked, the truck is not going to get off loaded, you just screwed yourself. Stone cold silent.

We get to the station and about five minuets later the district commander is yelling and screaming out loud and asking WTF is going on. He takes the cuffs off me and shakes his head. Tells me the trooper will be dealt with and he already knows what happened. He summons another trooper to take me back to the site and tells me the trooper I had the run in with will not be back out there. Tells me to forget about what happened and says he will make it up in the future. When we get back to the site, everyone is laughing and telling me they figured that was going happen, just not that quick but they knew I would be brought back pretty quick as there isn't many companies around this area doing tanker work.

LOL, tax paying dollars hard at work fighting crime, huh?

#1 Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Chess

Chess
    Expand Collapse
    Chester the Molester
    Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Geessh and wowzers

3. geoff

geoff
    Expand Collapse
    Professional nerd, amateur provocateur
    Founder's Club

Typical power trip... How dare you question his haz mat expertise ?

4. Alongfortheride

Alongfortheride
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

You should of made the dick head apologize before you went back. I don't do the heavy stuff, but what pisses me off, is when I sit around waiting for the troopers to finish their shit. Then get told to hurry up and clear the road.

5. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    like yelling at you to hurry up is going to save any time. If it is a 4 hour job, yelling at you to save 10 minutes isn't really going to accomplish much...............

Pics or it didn't happen. And I mean pics of being locked up, lol

6. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

All the heavy stuff takes time. The problem is the street troopers get it from all sides, the DOT bosses, their own bosses, etc., and then they feel compelled to rush everything. The older guys don't and never did, the newer guys think everything happens similar to instant messaging style, etc.

I like it when all the cops leave actually, it all goes smoother! I rather have a DOT truck stay back rather than the PD's, SO's or State cops. First thing I try to say is always, you can take off we have this, thanks. Most of the time it works except for the larger scenes.

7. Alongfortheride

Alongfortheride
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I had a roll over a few weeks back, small town cops on a side road with almost no traffic. I flipped it from a driveway, I told the cop he could take off, he said no I like to watch. It was pretty comical, four big kids coming home from school in a grand am, put it airborne over a RR crossing did a couple 360's then flipped it on the snow pack. One broken mirror a bunch of scratches and a little damage to the frt. valence. But no body hurt, a trooper had been there before I was called, and figured he must have been going 40-50 mph. so lucky no one died. Till the drivers mom showed up, she lite into him for five minutes, I was starting to feel sorry for him.

8. dvandentop

dvandentop
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Wow what an outfit