Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Ever had just one of those weeks ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by riders, Aug 25, 2016.

1. riders

riders
    Expand Collapse
    DSTP Degenerate
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:

First, I am generally a very private person and it takes a lot to get anything out of me. Not sure why but I have been that way for a long time. I have a lot of "friends" but very few if not just one real friend that I share everything with (I am sure he will read this). With said, I have my Vegas family on a couple message boards that I feel more comfortable around than many of the so called neighborhood friends. I would say it is the anonymity but I have met many people on this board and hope to meet more.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent or whatever you want to call it and this seems like a great place to do it .. considering many of the other threads that get posted around here.

.. back to the subject .. Have you ever just had one of those weeks where you just think it can't get any worse? and it does.....

The weekend before last I wasn't feeling great and had pain down my left arm and a couple times it was very painful and would then go away but still had some numbness .. to the point it would keep me up all night .. decided to go into the Dr on Monday morning and have it checked out. While I didn't have anything specific come up in the tests, the Dr thought it might be a TIA but we doing more heart related tests and even some PT for muscle aches that might be causing a pinch nerve or something .. long story but we still don't know what it is for 100%..... that was Monday.

Then Wednesday, I find out a large deal that I thought was wrapped up, fell apart and we had to start over but making it happen this month is going to be tough ...

Thursday I found out that the IRS is coming at me for taxes from 2 years ago

.. then Friday just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I find out I am losing my job.

... last weekend sucked but this week is better. Feeling better health wise. Realized I really hated the company I worked for and the position I was in so while I am still looking for work, I know it will be a better for me. (I sure hope so)

I'm really not looking for sympathy but it just feels good to get it off my chest and I have found this to be a good outlet.

Can't wait to get back to Vegas to relax a little. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Good Luck Good Luck x 1
  2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Ouch, sorry to hear all that! I hope things turn around for you quickly!

In the future, left arm pain is nothing to fool around with. It is one of the early warning signs of a pending heart attack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Dude, you gotta vent. It's the only way to keep going. Wherever you find an outlet, use it!! I like your emerging positive spin on the happenings.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ski-Doo-rider

Ski-Doo-rider
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I trip to the Chiropractor for your arm might not be a bad idea either. I was having problems with my left shoulder. Had a two cat scans, neither conclusive. got cortizone shots and even one time had it done under x-ray, that wasn't pleasant. But they didn't help. went to physical therapy for quite a while which help a little. My wife kept telling me to go to her chiropractor....well after about a month or two of her telling me to go I finally went. And in 15 min my pain was gone and I felt normal, it was amazing! I go about ever 6 or 7 weeks and get my back & shoulders adjusted. It helps with some numbness & weakness I was having in my arms as well due to tendons & nerves being pinched. Not saying it will solve your problems, but it can't hurt.

5. SinD

SinD
    Expand Collapse
    Party Pillows
    VB Syndicate Premium Member

Trips to Vegas:
    Riders....

Thanks for sharing and I hope you feel better and prosper. They say that when a door closes to allow a new door to open.

SinD

• Like Like x 2
  6. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I have had a bad week but nothing compared to yours. I hope things get better. Stay strong.

7. SDSteve

SDSteve
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Good luck.

8. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Only one way, and that's forward. Just gotta keep looking ahead because there is good on the horizon and immediately at hand.

9. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm having a shitty week too but we all have those. You're feeling better so that's good. One door closes another one opens.

10. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

Chin up Riders! That bitch called life slapped ya around pretty good last week, so it's no wonder you needed to vent. Every one needs an outlet. Take time to regroup and figure out a way to to turn your loss into a gain. Kinda like playing video poker if ya think about it?!? It's how you come out at the "end of your trip" that matters. ;)