Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Engagement Dinner

Discussion in 'Grub' started by GFman, May 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GFman

GFman
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Hey guys, great forum.

Recently got engaged and myself and the woman are coming to visit for 6 days in June. 3 nights Bellagio and 3 nights Delano. Trying to make it a bit of a celebration but unfortunately on a budget too that would embarrass a lot of the posters on this forum who post amazing antics!

Was wondering where people would recommend for a nice dinner to mark the engagement. So far we have Sunday brunch in border grill, and dinner booked in BLT steak where we got a very good deal for $115. It seems a bit of a shame to be on a budget in Vegas but that's life! Looking to spend around $250-300 with wine and tip for somewhere nice. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Congrats on your engagement! You can actually do a lot with a $300 budget in Vegas. If time of day doesn't matter to you, you could try any of the many marvelous pre-theater menus at top restaurants like Picasso (which has superb, romantic ambiance) or L'Atelier or Michael Mina, etc. That could be a great option, if you're not opposed to eating early.

Otherwise, I still think you could do very well at any number of places like Bouchon or Bardot Brasserie ... blowing it out quite a bit, but maybe the atmosphere wouldn't be quite the same level of romance.

Can you give a bit of insight into what sort of experience you're looking for?

• Like Like x 1
  3. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    if you're at the B, I would do Le Cirque pre-theater menu in a heartbeat.

even with the wine pairing and tip you should be easily under $300.

but if you/she doesn't like French food, Picasso is another good choice at the B.

wouldn't recommend Michael Mina.

while at Delano, if you want to do a steak place, go to Strip Steak. excellent and the prices are more reasonable than some of the other high end steakhouses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pressitagain

pressitagain
    Expand Collapse
    VB DEGENERATE Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    While at Delano...Charlie Palmers. A great place to celebrate...anything.

Congratulations and good luck!!!

5. GFman

GFman
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Le Cirque sounds very nice. Time isn't really a problem and we are very flexible regarding type of food.

6. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Picasso and Le Cirque both would be great choices -- they have particularly romantic ambiance that would really fit the occasion. I'd give the nod to Picasso based on nothing more than personal preference on the menu. I love their menu.

7. GFman

GFman
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks guys. They really fit the bill perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    If you're specifically looking for a steak house, and you're at the Bellagio, and the top consideration is ROMANTIC... I would have to recommend Prime. Magnificently prepared steaks in a beautiful setting-- request Lago Di Como seating for the ultimate al fresco treat right on the water. It is definitely at the very top of your staged $ range. And it is very definitely worth it. For this kind of event you absolutely cannot go wrong with Prime.

Another super romantic option, well known but somewhat off the beaten path, is Hugo's Cellar at the 4 Queens (Downtown). Super romantic but in an old school Vintage Vegas way -- you would not be surprised to see Frank Sinatra come strolling in. As your lady enters the maitre d' hands her a rose. And at each course throughout the night he keeps brings her another rose. By the time the evening is done she has quite a nice little bouquet. The sommelier (Mr. Wiggins) is world class. Don't miss their "Hot Rock" course which consists of several raw meats/seafoods brought you your table and cooked on a slab of... very hot rock. Sounds strange but it totally works and is inexplicably romantic. Flaming Bananas Foster at the end of the night will certainly set the mood. Another "can't lose" destination.

9. GFman

GFman
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Great. Thanks

10. Spivderman

Spivderman
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I highly recommend Charlie Palmer, especially if you are at Delano anyway. I am taking my wife there in August for her B-day dinner. Went there in March on a guy trip and it was excellent.