Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Craps, grinding out a win

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by letsplaysomeblackjack, Oct 15, 2016.

1. letsplaysomeblackjack

letsplaysomeblackjack
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    My strategy is an iron cross supplemented with lay 4 bet equal to 2x the sum of my other bets, I also throw some money on the hard 4... reducing the 4 loss to one combination.

I enjoy this strategy.. there is always something going on and I do fairly well on it.

Of course 2 or 3 non hardway 4's in a row kills me

Thoughts

2. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    The Chairman
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    Any hedging system is going to produce many small wins and a few big losses.

If that's your thing, more power to you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    For me, a hedge system is just too slow. I don't want to sit there all day for a small win. I usually press hard and hope for a long roll and go for a bigger win

• Like Like x 1
  4. natedog666

natedog666
    Expand Collapse
    17 and 20
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Platinum Linker

Just to put my 2 cents in here, I think that it is easier to do bankroll management when not playing a hedging system. Basically if you lose your buy in you leave. But in a hedging system , when bad things happen, you have to double up or triple up to get back your losses quickly, or grind it out for many hours at the original bet...who has that kind of time in Vegas?

5. Breeze147

Breeze147
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Stupidest fucking thing I ever heard of. The only way to make money at Craps is Place bets with fortuitous pressing. Yeah and Pass Line with full odds. Although I personally only go 2X odds. That's just me.

Slow and steady wins the race and know when to quit.

Everything else is bullshit. And don't get me started on the Come line.

6. Robbo

Robbo
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    what are your thoughts on the come?

7. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Come and pass are the same so......

8. Robbo

Robbo
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    i was aiming for a Breeze rant

9. Breeze147

Breeze147
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Actually, playing the Come Line with full odds when the bet moved to a number was the way I played for many years. I even won handily on a few occasions. But the vast majority of the time, I would work up to a "bases loaded" situation only to have the next roll be a 7 and I would get wiped out. Yeah, yeah, you get your odds bets and the Come Line bet back. And you win on 11's but you lose on Craps. BFD. Still wasn't making any money.

I don't have any stats, just years of observation. Pass Line with odds and Placing the inside numbers works for me, as long as you press with some modicum of intelligence. Although sometimes the thought, "Man, this guy's throwing a shit load of 6's" is enough justification for a press or two. Otherwise, I let it hit once and if it hits again, I press, up to a maximum of 3 times.

It works for me. As with anything else you need a hot table. I might mess with Fire Bets, Yo's and High or Low Horns if I'm feeling board, but that is very rare. I always go two-way hard ways when I'm up and get real generous when I color out if I've had a good session.

10. Carter

Carter
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I play Craps most of the time - we are talking either $10 /$15 or a few times $25 tables.
    The newer Feature Bets ( Make EM Small / Tall / All) - I really found this very good. All it requires a number to be rolled once ( unlike a Fire Bet where every Point must be made and minimum 4 Points). Typically during a crowded session, atleast 1 person does roll all 5 numbers. With a $5 Bet - you make $175. assuming you lost $5 on each of the other 11 shooters in the table - I figure it still works.
    Make 'me all is a sucker bet ( all of them are ) - but it is a lot of fun and dies occasionally hit - $820 for a $ 5 bet !!! ( plus you would have hit the other two as well).
    ( I do hedge these with corresponding Big Red bets just on come out rolls - that way ifa 7 hits these come back automatically)

Regular grind...press 1 unit every time you win ( so if you start with $12 or $10 ) and press up $6 or $5 each time - good way to put money back into your rack, but you are also progressively winning more on a hot streak ( Dont like to go a full press since it doesn't allow any trickle back). Of course all this works only when you get past the first 8 -10 rolls. Anything less and you are burning up at a pretty hectic rate ( and yes that happens more often than not ).

Hard Ways - typically start with a $5 bet and keep pressing every time a Hard way hits ( so I get back only $15 or $25 on the first hit), but some players roll hardways alll the time and it works great. Just that is enough to recoup other losses. Never tried parlay ( just chicken - don't like losing the full win on the next roll).

Would love to hear about strategies to grind out.
    ( have tried playing only 6 and 8 or inside - but with a hot roll, by the time you get the other numbers in and press, the roll is coming to an end- your overall Win is a lot lesser - makes for good bankroll management in slow tables but not to makeup for previous losses).