Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Craps Comp

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jaydog98, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Jaydog98

Jaydog98
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Hi guys, first off I'm new here but love that there is a forum for Vegas comps and hotels!

I'm always confused with craps comps, and have some questions. What's the best way to get the most comps out of playing craps? Is it high initial buy in? Or high first bet? Do they account for odds, place, field, hard ways? Any suggestions would be great!

2. taekkun

taekkun
    Expand Collapse
    Dice Degen
    Founder's Club

CET accounts for odds, nobody else does as far as I'm tracking. However even if it is considered for average bet purposes for theo purposes it shouldn't be an applicable factor. Craps has the highest human factor of the table games I would say since there are so many different ways to play and if the boss isn't paying attention a lot of bets that can possibly be missed. Best way for craps to make sure you get the most is to ask what they have for your average as you are leaving the table. Human factor so they can bump it up. Initial buy in does nothing but a high first bet could cause them to say your average is higher than it might be if they just put in an average and then don't update it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. natedog666

natedog666
    Expand Collapse
    17 and 20
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Platinum Linker

For those places that track odds they have a lower theo formula. So the key is to check how much theo you racked up with a host after every session to reverse calculate what that formula is based on average bet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PayTriple

PayTriple
    Expand Collapse
    The Cucumber King
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    It's all about the theo that you generate, not about how big your starting bankroll. And since the pitboss is the one rating you, chatting him or her up and makes tips when he/she is watching helps. And at the end of a session, asking for your time and avg. If the avg seems low, then say so, and usually they will adjust upwards for you, if you have a good rapport.
    But always ask at the end of your session!

• Like Like x 2
  5. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    definitely take a look at this thread:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

craps is the toughest to rate by far, so it varies so much from pit boss to pit boss based on which strategy they use.

on a full table, they can't possibly watch every bet placed by every player. so it's even more important to talk to them and make sure they know when you place bigger bets and know when you're playing the middle/carny bets, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Lots of good information already posted, but I just want to chime in with a second for the chatting up the pit boss. I've found that engaging with them in a friendly way and coming off as someone who just wants to relax and have fun has resulted in better ratings for me. I check mine after every trip, and I used to get a touch low-balled before I started doing this. Now, I usually find I'm rated 5%-10% or more above my average play. Like they give you the benefit of the doubt on pressing some wins.

This is entirely anecdotal, but I'm a big believer in the catch-flies-with-honey method.

• Like Like x 4
  7. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Absolutely. Being cool with the dealers and having good back and forth with the pit and of course tipping can change the rating dramatically.

Last trip a lot of my play at Palazzo was when it wasn't crowded so the cracking wise and joking with the crew helped my average bet out quite a bit

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jaydog98

Jaydog98
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Thanks guys for all your advice! Sounds like it's pretty important to chat up the pit boss and always ask for my rating at the end. If I think it's low I should politely ask for a higher rating?

9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yeah something like "ehhh sounds a bit on the low side" and usually they'll bump it up a bit

• Like Like x 1
  10. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Totally agree. I had a four-hour session last year, and I was betting up in units when I won. $25 base bet, then $50, $75, and $100, then back to $25. Lots of tipping, lots of banter. Good vibes the whole time. I tracked myself, and my average bet probably was around $37 or so. They rated me at $50.