Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Court Judge Moderating a Defendant? Orders Electric Shock. Wrong Move Judge!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GlenBaccarat79, Apr 5, 2016.

1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

I already know I will get blasted for this! I am sure it will backfire and all I can say is 'whatever'.

Of course this happened on the east coast and in the northeast. Of course, I agree, this could never have happened in the perfect-subdued, laid-back and well groomed and fed west coast. So assumptions will build and garner speed I am sure cause of the originating locale.

People talking a bit too much? Someone saying something not agreeable, in line with, or perhaps appeasing to a court judge, and in this case the person 'in-charge'? It was just talk, not even impolite or rude or humiliating with profanity, just talk. The judge choose to implement a strategy designed and available to subdue a violent or physically out of order person to protect the safety of others in an incident. Perhaps comparable to other moderating tactics and shouts of authority, those persons in authoritative positions come to enjoy?

Here is the link:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

2. TBONE3336

TBONE3336
    Expand Collapse
    This space for rent.
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    What's the saying - Power corrupts.. absolute power corrupts absolutely :cautious: I have jury duty in 3 weeks.... will watch what I say for sure ...

I will add a short story even at the chance I derail the thread. I was on Jury Duty back in the 90's when I lived in Philly, in the selection for a murder trial, during the vetting questions an older lady became extremely upset at being picked and made a scene, the judge addressed the lady and said madam, you are dismissed from this case.... however, you will in-turn report to my courtroom for the duration of this trial and sit as a spectator every day the trial is in session. Sure enough the first day of the trial the lady is there at 8 am with us jurors and is fuming. Right or wrong I was amused at the whole spectacle,,, maybe I should have been annoyed at her and him but just found it amusing.

Sorry for the side-bar...

3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

You raise a perfectly 'great' subject. Power Corrupts, and those that obtain it from whatever source in many (I said "Many", not all) of their minds the person takes on a whole new 'dominant' and 'absolute' aura that makes them the judge-jury and the sole decider of someone's fate or outcome.

When you mentioned the Philly thing with your jury selection deal, I remember my days in NYC going to NYC Parking Violations Bureau on behalf of numerous clients we used to have, banks, lease companies and finance lenders, etc. For those of you not familiar with NYC parking tickets are very costly and add up quickly. NYC would eventually take action and seize vehicles and hold them for payment, etc. When that happened, many of the borrowers would of course stop paying their car notes and go into repo status. Eventually I or the lender would get info the vehicle was seized and I had a process to go in front of what NYC had as a judge, called an Administrative Law Judge, which IMO, was most times a failed regular court judge, someone not being able to become a 'real judge', a disciplined and downgraded police officer/management official, etc. My process I developed was rock solid and would usually get all the violations dismissed with prejudice against the lien holder and its vehicle and placed against the personal name of the borrower and transferred to his/her personal self. Then I I get the release of the collateral, the vehicle in question and repo it from the cities impound lot. I charged the lenders usually 1/3 or 40% of what was owed on the parking tickets, which ran from a couple thousand to $10k or $20k commonly.

At times, boy did I run into Administrative Law Judges that abused everything they stood for and would even attempt to have a NYC Marshal or other building security of another type remove me or arrest me. Those attempts were usually always met with NYC Police personnel being summoned and a cool-headed and reasonable resolution to what the 'fake' judge, but none the less, authoritative person in charge was trying to incite. Those incidents just raised the invoice for the lenders and I would go back in to the bureau and file an appeal and usually prevail in that process.

#3 Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016