Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Comps and linked accounts

Discussion in 'Comps' started by davis646, Mar 21, 2016.

1. davis646

davis646
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I could use some advice from the experts. My girlfriend and I go to Vegas twice a year and our next trip (tomorrow!) is for 8 nights which is about standard. We always stay at MLife properties, normally Aria. We're low rollers but gamble fairly consistently...almost entirely on video poker. Last year I had just over $65K coin-in and she did another $50k (MLife numbers only).

Our accounts are linked so we're platinum but I'm not sure linking has really helped us. My question...would we be better off unlinking our cards and playing our own so that we could then book offers separately and combine them? Or maybe we should both be using the same card and hope that one person gets increases in the offers? Current offers for Aria is 3 nights, $250 credit, and $200 free play. I'm just curious if we should be doing something different to maximize our play. I've never had a good handle on "linking" accounts so I've been recently curious if this is helping or hurting us. I also don't know if our combined total play on one card would even move the needle that much. Maybe our current offers are a stretch and it wouldn't make a difference?

All advice is appreciated!

2. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    What I've done with my wife's account, which is linked to mine, is ask to have them rate and put us on the same card, but we generally play table games. And they've always been happy to do that. All the TCs, etc., go into one pot. For VP, which we also play occasionally, I had a customer service rep tell me to just have her use a copy of my card, and it wouldn't be a problem. So we've actually sat there on separate machines, both playing on my card.

Whether putting your collective coin-in together would move the needle is a good question. I'd be inclined to say that a doubling would move it ... but I'm not it would move it to offers that are twice as nice, if that makes sense. There are others here who probably know better than I would.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

At a local the gf and I play on a single card and it definitely moved the needle than similar play separately. We are primarily video poker players.

• Like Like x 1