Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Buffalo Wings

Discussion in 'Grub' started by Tellafriend, Mar 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vrak01

vrak01
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The Manfriend and I are pretty serious about our wings and, particularly if buffalo wings are what is on offer, will try them no matter the restaurant (as an example of my commitment to the wing cause, I broke 10+ years of not eating McDonalds when they introduced their bone-in chicken wings, for science, but once was enough). We haven't had them everywhere in Vegas, obviously, but out of Strip locations we have had multiple success stories with the buffalo wings at the Cheeseburger Bar in the MMS. Yep, the Hawaiian chain restaurant. Oddly enough, we've never made it to any of their HI locations but have been to the one in MMS several times and that's been our favorite.

We have had the wings several other popular places, like Legasse's Stadium in the Palazzo/Anchor Bar in the Venetian and The Pub at the Monte Carlo. I will say that at The Pub, our first order of wings came out underdone - not a little, but a lot. Sad, flubbery skin and cold meat. When I (nicely) caught the bartender's attention and explained, the wings were whisked away and about 10-15 minutes later we had a fresh, hot plate of very tasty wings. They obviously made new ones and did so properly; he even comped us the wings. Have yet to be back but I believe it's on the agenda for our trip coming up in a weeks' time, so could report back.

I'm pickier about my wings than the Manfriend, as I feel that the mark of a true wing is one that isn't hiding behind breading. It's important that it be fried to be perfectly crisp on the skin but not overdone (resulting in dry, stringy meat), with a thin sauce that has a nice kick and a hit of vinegar. Truly good blue cheese dip is an absolute plus although not entirely necessary if the wings are good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ketelmaster

Ketelmaster
    Expand Collapse
    aka 98Seahawk
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    +1 - they're awesome!

3. dvandentop

dvandentop
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

It closed to find another location. Hopefully they find a new strip location

4. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yep, that hot merely for the sake of pain is a big no thanks. Last year's batch of Hatch chiles I roasted were up there; Terri won't touch 'em.

It's been a few years but they have (had) great wings at the TPC Las Vegas grill room.

5. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

The wings at the Pub at Monte Carlo are good but I think there are better things on the menu like the burgers or flatbreads.

6. nsideirish

nsideirish
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm not afraid to admit it---I love Hooter's wings. Especially when I'm hammered. It is the only reason I will go to that shithole. But after a bunch of wings and more drinks, I have been known to play some shitty $3 BJ.

7. TheCanoe

TheCanoe
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Holstein's is obvioulsy a great burger joint, but try they're wings out next time you stop in. Traditional Buffalo style. Very good