Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Booking a comp six months in advance

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RickM, Sep 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RickM

RickM
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I emailed my host last week and asked him to book me a room next March, he called me a few hours later and told me he was going to hold off and not book it until Dec/Jan and told me not to worry that it was better for him to wait since it might affect my offer. I didn't press him on it but does this make sense?

Thanks

Rick

Tags:
  2. Tibs

Tibs
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Did you increase your theo recently? Offers can lag some.

3. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    A host once told me that offers may be suppressed if you already have a booking. I generally see offers 3 months out.
    It makes sense since if you book 6 months out, they don't have to offer you anything to get you there.

Last February I had zero offers. I had booked December, January and February trips early fall last year.
    Getting a comp room was never a problem, it was the add on that was missing.....gift cards, free play etc.

#3 Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  4. sindustry

sindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

What Newmans said! This is especially true with CET. I booked way in advance once for January. As the dates got closer, I noticed I never got my Big Screen TV offer. I called TR and they told me that since I had already pre-booked a trip during that event weekend, they did not send me the offer.

5. bayoubengal

bayoubengal
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I once booked a room that was towards the end of the valid period of a Cosmo offer. I didn't get a new offer covering more dates as expected leading up to the end of the offer. I have to assume booking a room held up the next offer. When I haven't booked an offer I've gotten new offers several weeks before the current one expires.

6. RickM

RickM
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    No, my last trip was in March of this year so it is a full year between trips for me...so no change in theo. He didn't say he wouldn't book it for me now just that he normally doesn't do it this far in advance and alluded to something about offers. He has been good to deal with but I am easy and a low roller, basic room, limo to/from the airport, some free play and some F&B off the back end. Thanks for the responses.

7. Clarkgriswald

Clarkgriswald
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I booked a trip to Bellagio for Memorial Day 2017 ( a couple of months ago already)with a host from Mirage. Never met him before and I got 5 nights comped.

8. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The only time I ever book early is for busy times. Tahoe always sells out for NYE and I've booked that far in advance. I'm also currently booked at Harrahs NOLA for Mardi Gras.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RickM

RickM
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    The only reason I tried to book it so far in advance is because the friend I am going with used air miles for his flight so it was easier for him to get a flight so far in advance. Once he got his flight I got mine so I figured I would try to get the hotel at the same time.

10. TheCanoe

TheCanoe
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    few months ago I booked my super bowl weekend trip 8 months out, and the offers are still coming

I would trust the host in this instance if he says not to worry though