Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Best Rodizio - Brazilian Steakhouse - in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Grub' started by That Don Guy, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy
    Expand Collapse

I have been to three Brazilian steakhouses in Vegas - Samba (Mirage), Fogo de Chao (the one near Silver Sevens), and Via Brasil (out near Red Rock). The other two I know of are Pampas (Miracle Mile Shops) and Texas de Brazil (south of Mandalay Bay). Anybody have any recommendations as to which one to go to, or at least avoid if at all possible?

Tags:
  2. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    No suggestions (or criticisms for that matter), but what's the draw to one of these places? Just the fact that it's an all meat buffet?

Is there something particular you like about the meats rather than going to a buffet or a steakhouse? Do they have better / different types?

3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Avoid Samba. Had Food poisoning several times there from undercooked chicken and other meats

4. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Had Samba back in 2010. Friend got food poisoning as well. Stay away from that place.

5. That Don Guy

That Don Guy
    Expand Collapse

It's not exactly a "meat buffet", although I suppose you could call it that if the buffet trays were, say, put on carts and wheeled around to you. In reality, the meats usually come around on something along the lines of shish kebab skewers, and a slice or two of each meat is carved off at your table. However, "All You Can Meat" isn't a drawback.

As for the difference between this, a normal buffet, and a steakhouse, this has much more variety (in terms of meat, at least), plus I have found that they tend to be a little more casual than what I would expect at some steakhouses.

6. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Yeah... I've been to Fogo... thought it was good but pretty expensive for what ya get.

I did enjoy the variety and I liked how the food came to you and slices to your desire.

Thanks for the feedback. :)