Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Beer Park and Hexx at Paris charge 4.7% CNF fee

Discussion in 'Grub' started by danielao, Mar 28, 2016.

1. vegasmacker

vegasmacker
    Expand Collapse
    VP Bar Degenerate
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Nate can't speak for sure on the new CA, but many places have dual minimum wages. Service industry vs. normal jobs because of the tips. Some are drastically lower, to the point where they are are making a few bucks an hour.

2. natedog666

natedog666
    Expand Collapse
    17 and 20
    VB Syndicate Founder's Club Platinum Linker

Oh did not know that...I thought the point of the CA minimum wage hike was to give to those service workers a living wage. Would be interesting to see how that affects the fast food and restaurant industry.

3. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Not to make this "Brits v Yanks" but Wig is right. The story we get peddled regularly in the media is if you don't tip 20% your denying a single mum a basic wage as their pay is so low. I find it intolerable that I should be expected to add a minimum of 20% on whatever I spend for service that without it I wouldn't have gone to a restaurant in the first place. With that said , what I find deplorable is that it is EXPECTED, I have no problem with and welcome tipping but when it's expected it means the service suffers as there is no motivation to perform.

4. vegasmacker

vegasmacker
    Expand Collapse
    VP Bar Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    Wigwams word of the day is ingratiate. Let me be clear to the the others from across the pond. I am not trying to play on an stereotypes, just stating the facts based on my experiences. Let me also state that you wonder about the pompous European attitude I was talking about? You have to look no further then read half a dozen on wigwams posts, especially in regards to anything CET related. Although perhaps I shouldn't label it as pompous European and just pompous ass would suffice because be don't want to get into stereotypes. For the record I am also Canadian, not American so everyone loves us lol.

5. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Fast food workers receive the minimum wage. Tipped wage earners, such as bartenders and waitstaff receive a different minimum. Per federal law, the minimum wage for tipped earners is $2.13.

California law is $10.00.

Nevada is either $7.25 or $8.25 with the former having health benefits as part of the wage.

7. newmans

newmans
    Expand Collapse
    Oompa Loompa
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I've been told (by a Las Vegas server) that some that are unionized are earning 6 figure incomes.

8. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    For sure, waiters in higher end restaurants, and cocktail waitresses in higher end or busy establishments can easily earn close to or are making six figures a year. When the Venetian first opened, most of the cocktail waitresses there were making $150k a year right from the get-go. Most of the cocktail waitresses in Whiskey Down at the MGM are making six figures a year. All of these type of employees are making a basic minimum wage (about $3 / hour) where the wage part of their pay does not even really factor into their overall pay wage after taxes are taken out.

9. vegasmacker

vegasmacker
    Expand Collapse
    VP Bar Degenerate

Trips to Vegas:
    I do remember a cocktail waitress once telling me that the government taxes them based on 25 cents a drink. I have a friend whose wife is a waitress at Aria and she makes 6 figures.

10. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    This is wrong. You are quoting the federal minimum wage standard. There are state minimums as well. Nevada's is $7.25-$8.25. This minimum is before tips.

Still not a great a wage by any means and probably just helps to offset the CC tips they earn and have to claim.