Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Baccarat Preparation

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by GlenBaccarat79, Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse
    Unlike poker, folding is the only way!
    Board Dweeb Founder's Club

Basically, it is Mediocristan--Extremistan. You can also throw in the Black Swan ideas.

Your Mind: Open it up, be clear and most of all neutral.

Remember: Some things work sometimes, and other times the complete opposite that forms the instant.

Adapt: Don't attempt to force the decision to do what you want, adapt to what the decisions are doing. (Here is where the inexperienced and the experienced baccarat players will great differ, argue and never agree IMO).

2 Distinctive & Separate Events: If you are attempting to force the decision, you are assuming and going off past 'forecasting' by placing all of your weight of decision on the odds that past events will repeat and prevail. Thus, you are creating a unrepeatable chance for something with no decision or should we say 'following your trend of wishes', the shoe will produce. Meaning, the shoe cannot think, it does not subscribe to your trend of past events or anything of the like. Think of current forecasting of this manner in comparison to rare or unpredictable events of magnitude. Such as, 9/11, stock market crashes and extremely large earthquakes.

The shoe is truly random. When you get caught up in the attempt to force decisions based upon the 'forecasting' I described, you are really being fooled by randomness that will always prevail. Sure you may guess a streak of 4 and then cut correct or a series of 8 'chop-chop' but you cannot do it for the long run.

As far as how the cards will form the instant shoe decisions, if you play long enough you will witness and be present for every possible combination imaginable. I seriously think this cannot be really understood clearly until you have play at least a good 20 years. But think and believe what suits yourself.

In most all cases, our assumptions are brought about from the bell curve predictability called 'Mediocristan', however, the gambling world is formed and shaped according to the swings of 'Extremistan'.

Please read the following short blog related to Mediocristan and Extremistan. I found this blog long after I wrote the above piece I had stashed away in a folder.

BLOG @ >>>
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

#1 Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Tags:
  2. sindustry

sindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

I am intrigued by your 5-parlay approach, that you and others have mentioned in other posts. I will definitely try it out next time I play!

3. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

IDK what the others do, but I usually use it along with my regular 1-3-2-6 pos/neg wagering units, I seldom rely on the 5-parlay bet as my only wager at hand.

4. TheCooler

TheCooler
    Expand Collapse
    Nimble Navigator
    Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I like to start with a bottle of lube, for my comfort that is.

• Like Like x 3
  5. thefish2010

thefish2010
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

They key to gambling at any game is to stick to a reasonable budget that is well within your means, and have fun. If any of us play long enough, the math of the game will prevail and we will lose. In the meantime, however, we can have lots of fun, generate amazing memories, and if we negotiate properly, can consume massive amounts of comps that will come reasonably close to making us whole if we include their value in our calculations. The only people that will actually beat baccarat over time on a cash basis are those that take proper advantage of overly generous marker discounts, but by all accounts those have essentially disappeared.

6. DaaaaaaBears

DaaaaaaBears
    Expand Collapse
    PUSH THE BUTTON
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm thinking about trying this game out next trip. If I come out ahead, I can add it to my list of games I think I have an edge on. The list currently sits at 0, but at one time or another blackjack, craps and roulette have been on there.

7. GlenBaccarat79

GlenBaccarat79
    Expand Collapse

Handle it with an extra layer of 'kid gloves' even more so than other games when you win. For, it is the easiest game to win and likewise, the easiest to lose. IMO, more so then other table games, more players win initially at baccarat than other games and likewise, almost all of them give it back.

You have to find your plateaus, comfort levels and what your 'risk of ruin' hump is. It differs for all of us depending on your play, risk level, BR, experience, ability to play under bad conditions, etc.