Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Babes Of The LPGA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Breeze147, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Breeze147

Breeze147
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

With all of the interest in Michelle Wie, there are other hotties out there playing pro golf.

Erica Blasberg

2. Nevyn

Nevyn
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    But no one else has Wie's putting stance.

3. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    And she committed suicide six years ago.

4. Breeze147

Breeze147
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Oh, shit, I remember this now. I'm sorry. Too much going on in my head.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    This whole thing was a very bad idea. I really fucked up. I just went to Google images and looked for a cute blonde. Jeez, I'm beside myself. Bad, bad, idea.

6. smartone

smartone
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yikes... though it started off "rocky", I don't think discussing golf hotties is a "bad idea". Sacramento's own Natalie Gulbis was always a head-turner, though I must admit it's been several years since I've seen her. Dustin Johnson's wife, Paulina also sure looks good greeting him at the 18th too!

Here's a link to a Men's Health article to assure you Breeze that you're NOT the only one who thinks of these things!

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

7. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Women are objectified, guys are wired that way, but hopefully there is SOME notice of what made them famous or notable in the first place, and in this context it is athletic prowess. Gulbis is far more known and I'd say admired for her form than her game because while she certainly has game, she has underachieved.

That was part of Erica's struggle, from early on. She was the "hot" girl who, oh by the way, played a pretty damn good game of golf.

Look at the two major golf publications, as participation and interest in the game has waned, how do they respond? Tits and ass. Including Paulina, who has nothing to do with golf other than being with DJ.

8. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Paige Spiranac....

Register or Login

Register or Login

9. Nevyn

Nevyn
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    That's fair enough, but women's sports also struggle to find an audience (and resort to exploitation on occasion) because, at the end of the day, it is qualified participation.

There is nothing inherent in the game of golf, nor tennis, for example, that ought to require any gender divide at all. And golf in particular is interesting because women are not barred from competition against men (in fact Wie and Sorrenstam have tried to play in men's events). Now that doesn't mean that the women aren't athletes, nor deserving of recognition. But it does mean that the pinnacle of achievement in some of these women's sports is akin to a minor league championship.

And minor league sports can be a lot of fun, but tend to mainly only get the interest of the die hards.

So without the sex, women's golf gets the attention of women who like golf, and of people who can't get enough golf competition, and the mass audience yawns. Just as they would for a MacKenzie tour event.

And FWIW, I know several women who are "fans" of various male athletes completely regardless of their athletic prowess. They may focus less on body parts, but still. Athletic people are frequently attractive. And if you don't give care much about the competition you are likely to focus on the ones you like to look at. To me, that doesn't mean you don't recognize that they are also athletes. Its just not why you in particular are watching that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    PT might disagree with you. He even adds WNBA games to his parlays

• Like Like x 1