Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Anyone get weird messages in Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Valgal, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I don't use Tapatalk with Facebook but I got a private message in German. It doesn't translate well but It seems he is vacationing in Greece and his English is not good and he needs help. He'll be waiting a long time for me lol. There is a terrible scam going on right now in Virginia - virtual kidnaping schemes. Three families have been targeted recently.

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

2. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I keep getting these messages from pretty girls in Russia that need to escape their abusive boyfriend, and that if I send money for a plane ticket, that they will love me long time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Lol reminds me of one of the funniest things I've heard at my office. The lady who sits in the office next to me is older (mid 60's) and pretty conservative. Doesn't swear, teaches Sunday school etc...

One day she says she's not getting emails from a client that has been trying all day to send her something. I tell her to check her spam folder. She tells me that she doesn't know how to, so I show her how to pull it up.

About 3 minutes later, she yells over to me (at a volume that the whole office can hear) and says "oh my gosh, there are so many busty Russians in my area. And why do they all want to meet with me"

Had us all laughing for a while.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    @Valgal I could see my dad saying keep his ass and when you want to return him you will be paying me. Seriously, these clowns should be tossed in the trash.

5. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Dup

6. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    One woman was convinced they had her daughter. The news story said she usually always lets her phone go to voice mail. That time she picked up it and the man's voice said "I told you mother's always answer their phones" He told her that she had to leave her cell phone on all the time and he could hear if she tried to contact police or anyone else. She drove around for hours withdrawing money from ATMs and wiring money to different places at different locations. She sent them over $9000 total -- then later that day as she is running around still getting money from the "kidnappers" she gets text from her daughter who has been in class all day long just checking in with mom to say - she had no idea what was going on. It was too late the money was gone.

An elderly couple in my small town got a phone call from their "Grandson" that they rarely speak to. He was in jail in Mexico please send money and don't tell Mom and Dad - I can't talk I have to go - love you.-- they fell for it. It was not their Grandson they sent several thousand dollars they will never get back.

7. UCLA Girl

UCLA Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

I was the only customer at a store earlier this summer when the owner for one of those kidnapping calls. She told me to call 911. I had no idea why I was calling 911 but eventually 10 or so officers came. She was freaking out on the phone and couldn't write down her daughter's number. We talk about so I gave the officers her daughter's name and where she worked. Her work number was not listed but they were able to send a unit out to confirm that her daughter was at work

Mom is still on the phone this entire time. An officer slides her a note that says "your daughter is ok. Keep talking."

It wasn't until the call ended that she found out that her daughter was fine. She read the note as "is your daughter ok?"

8. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    the sad thing is that people can learn a lot about you on the internet. Social media is a big culprit-- people make their pages public and post where they are and who they are with all the tim -- Kim Kardashian posted something on twitter or facebook - before she was robbed. A personal tour via her posted video of the private luxury mansion/condo she was staying -- basically blue printing the property for thieves. --

Plus there are website where you can enter a name and it will give you their date of birth, phone #, and relatives -- so much for privacy.

9. nickpapageorgio

nickpapageorgio
    Expand Collapse
    The OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel.
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Geotagging embedded in photos provides precise date, time and location. Add in the fairly comprehensive biographic profiles that can be obtained for 29.95 as well as open source info that can be obtained from social media scrubs, and it can be problematic. It's all relative.

Posting apres vacation photos while maintaining a small internet footprint is no biggie. Posting your entire daily schedule with a complete bio and you're obviously availing yourself to the world. Again, could be no biggie, but with the latter, you've lost the ability to decide.

10. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I have friends that post every step of their day on facebook. Every time they go out for a meal, work vacation, shopping etc. - all grown women not teenagers.