Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Anyone flown Frontier lately?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Valgal, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Have never flow with them. But they have some ridiculously low fares to Vegas in January. I would be bringing on an overhead and a large purse/bag for under the seat. Having trouble seeing what they charge for bags. I know I just need to spend a little more time on their site to see that. Also I can get 2 free nights over the weekend in a Luxor tower suite and then add on 2 more nights for $23 a night. This would be over MLK weekend so it would be pretty cheap. I've stayed at Luxor before so I know what to expect. Plus Luxor will usually give me a second room for the same nightly rate. Thinking of having my son and girlfriend along to help us celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary.

Usually we fly Southwest but they are so danged expensive. We could all fly out Friday night and return early, early Tuesday morning and for 4 of us it would be around $470 plus added baggage fees.

2. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Haven't flown frontier, but at that price how can you go wrong. The baggage fees are clearly laid out in their website. I say go for it.

3. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Talked to my husband -- he has grown weary of Vegas, but I had to make a deal. He could buy a new pistol and we can go to Vegas in January. The pistol will cost more than our air and hotel. But when you add on food, gambling, and shows the trip will add up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Wow, that's a win win for the husband. He made out like a bandit!

Which pistol?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Cimmaron Thunderer??? Revolver -- Whatever - sigh.

What is with Frontier?? It costs more to bring a carryon than a checked bag??

6. Hard4

Hard4
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Wow nice pistol - old school style. I like it.

Just a guess here about baggage. They probably do that to incentivize people to check bags. It helps smooth out the boarding process and eliminated issues at the gate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gmille58

gmille58
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker Extraordinaire
    Founder's Club

No different than the guys who have to bring home a new purse or shoes from Vegas trips.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Role reversal? I want my damn purse. Not really I could never spend more than about $40-50 for a purse. Not begrudging those that do. I'm so low maintenance. I need to work on being more needy.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Valgal

Valgal
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Total round trip for 4 people was $538. From Austin to Las Vegas. $49 of that wasn't join their Den Club - good for one year. But had I not joined It would have cost me another $96. So I saved about $46 by joining. I chose the cheapest seats to keep us together. Towards the back of the plain. Middle seats were free and aisle seats were $5. Seats in front and middle were $12 extra each. And the exit rows and front row were $45 extra.

I haven't bought the add on for the bags. If I thought I could get all my shit on a bag that would fit under the seat would do that.

10. TriggerMN

TriggerMN
    Expand Collapse
    The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Vegas:
    I haven't flown with Frontier since they stopped baking cookies in-flight for the passengers. Just sayin'. :D