Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

am I a bad husband???

Discussion in 'General Vegas Talk' started by chum bucket, Aug 16, 2016.

1. chum bucket

chum bucket
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    So, the wife and I are headed to Vegas and will be celebrating our 20 year anniversary. (Got married in Vegas.) She has been "threatening" me for years that someday we will be going to Donny and Marie. Well, someday is finally here; she has her heart set on seeing Donny and Marie while we are out there. What little interest I did have in seeing this show has been moved to no interest after watching a YouTube clip of one of their shows...God help me.
    Now I am scrambling to get her to change her mind. I offered the Cirque MJ show instead (not a big Michael Jackson fan but I'm sure it would be better than Donny and Marie) and she still wants Donny (childhood crush of hers).
    She has now said that I do not have to go and that she would go by herself. Do I take her up on that offer or do I man up and go with her? I mean how bad can Donny & Marie be, right?

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. gmille58

gmille58
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker Extraordinaire
    Founder's Club

I am pretty sure that you have made her sit through something worse for a couple of hours in 20 years. Go over the top for her on this deal and make it as special as you can. Then if it really sucks you have a token you can keep for future use.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    you have to man up and go with her. It is your 20th, and this is what she wants to do. It's a give and take. I would rather shoot myself also than go to Donny and Marie, but I guess I could catch up on my sleep and take a nap or something during the show..............

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. VEGASBJ

VEGASBJ
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Also, you know when women say that you really don't have to do something - that it means that you have to do it! I thought you would have learned this after 20 years, lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. shifter

shifter
    Expand Collapse
    Degenerate Gambler
    The Chairman

Trips to Vegas:
    20 years and you don't know what this really means???!

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

OMG! Face Palm! If you send her by herself to Donnie & Marie you better guard your balls and plan on no sex for the next 20 years...if she doesn't find a new man at the show! Lol Take her ass! Suck it up and have fun after!

7. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    You have to go. Get the best seats you can afford. Then you'll have a nice chip in your pocket. Do you drink? Have a few pops beforehand. Don't drink? Now's a good time to start.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Ski-Doo-rider

Ski-Doo-rider
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yes, you are a bad husband. It's your 20th anniversary, put your big boy pants on and go to the show. Ssmile and pretend to enjoy it, ya big baby ;)

9. topcard

topcard
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    No-brainer.
    You need to do this. I know it'll be tough. But, if it's any consolation, all of us who have been married for that long have suffered similarly, so you're not (really) alone in this.
    You'll survive... if it helps, think of it as a challenge... like climbing a mountain in 100-degree heat...not fun, but definitely doable... (sort-of like Marie!)---> edit-to-add:
    You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

#9 Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TriggerMN

TriggerMN
    Expand Collapse
    The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Vegas:
    Yep I'm with everyone else. It will never cross your mind of all the times she did the same thing for you and never said a word about it. I made my wife go with me to see Linkin Park at the state fair a couple of years ago and then as a trade off I took her to Carrie Underwood the next year at the state fair, even though I knew maybe two songs. I took my phone out once and immediately got the stink eye, but fortunately she still loves me.