Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

A different Orlando tragedy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Packer, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Packer

Packer
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club Platinum Linker

I can't even phantom the thought of this happening. Disney Alligator attack. Having a now eight year old it saddens me to even think about what the family is going through. Omg. A Family just starting their summer vacation. Playing at a pond in Disneyworld and a fricken alligator snatches their 2 or 3 year old little boy. Hard to even write. Let's all just pray for them. Please no blame eather way. Just a horrific event.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Chess

Chess
    Expand Collapse
    Chester the Molester
    Founder's Club Diamond Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    It's pretty wild....and the media is putting twists all over the place.....

Sad times for that family

3. Krh2o

Krh2o
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    It's a lagoon that connects to other bodies of water. Not a traditional beach. They have no swimming signs posted all over. This was a fluke occurrence. An awful tragedy.

4. Tibs

Tibs
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    Yeah I grew up with gators crawling around our neighborhood. Residents know to never go near water that isn't either chlorinated or on the ocean for this reason. I grew up minutes from this place, have stayed in that hotel, and seen that beach (manmade regardless) in person. I'm not gonna begin to blame the family for this, or Disney. You can't control wildlife 100% and we even had an alligator hanging around the McDonalds I worked at as a teenager just walking around the parking lot. Its not easy to keep them out of populated areas, ponds, retention ponds, even small ones for a parking lot. They are mean sumbitches.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

Doesn't matter who is to blame when a child is gone. Just there playing and then their life is over. It's horrific and heartbreaking. Praying for all involved to find a form of peace. It's not gonna be easy. Those of us who have children would never value an alligators life over a human being. It will do the same thing again if given an opportunity and it's hunting ground is by Disney. It's going to get another opportunity. So sad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 44inarow

44inarow
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I've been told by numerous Floridian friends that "no swimming" means something very different down there than it does in most parts of the country. Up here in New York, "no swimming" means "the water is kind of gross maybe" or "there's not a lifeguard here and we'd rather you not get in the water". It certainly doesn't mean "there are dangerous animals that will kill you". I probably still have kept a kid away from the water but never would have expected that this could have been the result. It's terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I didn't realize until tonight out with the neighbors that they are from Nebraska - not far from here.... we don't know the family, but just terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hoofy7

Hoofy7
    Expand Collapse
    AKA HeatherE

I moved to NY from Louisiana. Crazy Cajuns were swimming everywhere and water skiing the bayous in the parishes. I'd feel like bait getting cast out and reeled back in on a lure! Lol I chose NOT to swim anywhere but my pool. No swimming to me down south meant gators.

9. ken2v

ken2v
    Expand Collapse
    Hit Squad
    Hit Squad Founder's Club Gold Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Sad, tragic. Jack Nicklaus lost a grandson to a drowning in a family pool. You just never know people. Vigilance. Smarts. Every danger cannot be "properly" signed enough given the litigious nature of Americans.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer
    Expand Collapse
    "What doesn't kill you makes you strong."
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Agreed, but that lagoon sure could have lulled most people into a false sense of security.

• Agree Agree x 1