Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

Live 14th May - 23rd May Anniversary Trip to LV / SF

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by RTG10, May 5, 2016.

1. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Guys!

After 6 long months, it's time to pack the cases and get ready for a jaunt to the oasis in the desert celebrating the first 12 months of marriage with my wife. We've split the trip into two portions, the first in Las Vegas for 6 nights, the second in San Francisco for 3 nights. We added San Fran as I often have to visit for work but the good lady has never had the pleasure so we wanted to do a few sites including some good seats for the Giants v Cubs game and a trip to Alcatraz.

Flights

I usually use airmiles for all of my flights but due to a lower travel schedule than normal and dumping 225k on First Class flights last time we've decided to slum it in economy to save our cash for other things. With that said we've deliberately picked American as we get free premium seat selection in economy due to my OW status.

We have to fly from LGW to DUB on Friday 13th, stay in a hotel overnight, Pre-Clear US Immigration in DUB before departing to CLT on the 14th in the morning and then a 4 hour layover before taking the flight from CLT to LAS arriving circa 8/9pm.

I've booked a limo to pick us up for one reason, the Mrs hates them and I really enjoy seeing her cringe :) I'm evil I know! So Presidential should be ready and waiting for us.

Hotels

Starting off at Caesars for 2 nights as a comp , no other benefits apart from the very basic room, thought Platinum status might have got me one of the nicer towers but no such luck!

Then moving to Cosmo for 4 nights in a terrace studio with hopefully a nice view, the host there has been fantastic and I'm looking forward to staying their for my second time. Also got $200 in FP I believe.

Plans !

We've previously gone with a list of "ideas" but we end up never getting round to them so this time we've got plenty of things firmly booked and I can't wait for it. Apologies for the long list!

Food
    - The Henry Short Rib Benny!
    - 550 Pizza for late night snack on arrival
    - Shake Shack
    - Pantry @ Mirage (Really love this little Gem)
    - Wicked Spoon
    - Holsteins
    - Carbone - Dinner
    - Craftsteak - Dinner

Activities
    - Le Reve
    - Maverick Grand Canyon Tour
    - Skrillex Night Swim
    - Monte Cristo Cigar Bar
    - Gambol!

All of this and we're taking hand luggage only for this trip! Crazy I know , but it makes life a lot easier and we usually take too much anyway.

Spending Money

So my provisional "Vegas" budget (separate pool of cash for SFO) is $1200 per day , I can access more if I need too but so far the plan is to stick to that and see where it gets us!

Updates

The plan will be to update from the minute I leave work on Friday 13th , I can't wait for this trip after a chaotic few weeks at work. I'm ready to let the (non existent!) hair down and go crazy.

Other Stuff

Need to find a cocktail / drink of choice whilst I gamble, beer doesn't do it for me and need something that won't get boring after a while.

Finally, if anyone is around that wants to meet up, or if you see a big , young guy with a beard in a pair of blue Ray Bans and a British accent, come say hi!

• Like Like x 2
    • Good Luck Good Luck x 2
  2. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    My husband always manages to attract British dudes when he's drinking at the bar haha, if he were there i have no doubt you two bearded boys would meet each other :)

Naturally, I recommend a Dirty Shirley for your drink of choice. It's everywhere! I'm a beer drinker at home, but not in Vegas!

Hopefully we'll cross paths.

: )

• Like Like x 2
  3. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    I will be flying out the day you fly in. If I leave any money;), it's your's. Have a great trip!

• Like Like x 1
  4. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    So I'm packed , my god that was hard work! Packing into such a small case , I've never done it before for such a long trip. Although hand luggage only at the other end will be a dream! The blue one is the one I'm taking, the other one is my usual size and the shoe is for reference!

You must be a registered user with confirmed email address to view this content.
    Register or Login

5. dirtyshirley

dirtyshirley
    Expand Collapse
    aka JF3976
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Whaaaaat! Lol, I carried on for my 40 hour trip in early april. My carryon was bigger than that and I had my backpack for a personal item.

I suppose you only have to bring 1 pair of shoes though ;) and probabaly the ones you are wearing

I haven't decided if I'll try carrying on next weekend. I'm about 50-50. It's southwest so it doesn't cost anything to check a bag.

6. jonnyvegas

jonnyvegas
    Expand Collapse

Trips to Vegas:
    No offense, but I'm assuming you're planning on hitting a laundry mat or getting your clothes dry cleaned at the hotel? It getting real hot in Vegas, you know what I mean...

7. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    We are planning on using the hotel services that's for sure, although to be fair with hand luggage I've managed to pack 3 pairs of shorts , 3 pairs of jeans , 6 t shirts , 2 shirts etc so I've got a lot of choice anyway.

8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa
    Expand Collapse
    Front Line Winner
    Founder's Club Silver Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    Looking forward to the report, pal! Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  9. undathesea

undathesea
    Expand Collapse
    Elitist & Least Tits
    Founder's Club Master Linker

Trips to Vegas:
    I second this. Go get 'em!

• Like Like x 1
  10. DannyOcean

DannyOcean
    Expand Collapse
    Opening the Champagne
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Great start to the trip with no lines at PHL! Go get em! Looking forward to following along.