Welcome to Vegas Boards!

The only Las Vegas Message Board and forum built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Join today for free!

$100K to invest

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DaaaaaaBears, May 9, 2016.

1. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K.
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    That's very nice of you, thanks. All I need now is the $100,000 ... In reality even if I got $100,000 I'd probably just use it for a down payment on a house and keep going to my benefit-filled job every day, but it's fun to think about being my own boss.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

Yes it does, considering that someone is asking for advice. Advice from someone who has been there done that and likely knows what they're doing with money, is much more valuable than when it comes from someone who has no idea what they're talking about, has never had $100k to allocate, and has absolutely no background the help them provide knowledgeable advice.

Might as well ask your car mechanic about your heart issues rather than going to a cardiologist....

• Like Like x 3
  3. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    It's a hypothetical post on a forum , everyone is entitled to an opinion educated or not. No one had money before they had money, so in theory everyone's opinion is valid even if you disagree with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

I never said that one can't have an opinion on the matter, I simply stated that it's easy to tell by the responses who has money and who doesn't. Or at the very least, those who have the knowledge and background to put valuable advice out there. Anyone and everyone can certainly have an opinion and express it, I'm just commenting on the difference between the two groups.

I can go on an electrical engineering forum (do those exist?) and post on topics that I have no understanding of, but it's not likely to contribute much to the discussion or help solve the OP's questions or problems.

5. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    Fair point, but in the interest of being honest I think it came across slightly more patronizing than intended. With that said do you have a view on anything electrical engineering, it might be a nice change of pace ;-)

6. stackinchips

stackinchips
    Expand Collapse

There are always exceptions to the rule, which is why my statements aren't definitive. People with money are LIKELY to have more knowledge about how to manage it and grow wealth. We're talking the macro level here, providing micro examples that contradict macro trends doesn't change anything. Pointing out that there are morons who fall ass backwards into money, doesn't change the fact that the vast majority have either made it on their own, or at the very least figured out how to not squander it. And just a hint... neither of those involve throwing the vast majority of their wealth into a single security...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RTG10

RTG10
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

Trips to Vegas:
    I'm on a high risk high growth investment portfolio (pension) so I have over 100k split in-between two funds.

#47 May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. thefish2010

thefish2010
    Expand Collapse
    Founder's Club

This thread just keeps going off the rails, no matter how many times people put it back on lol.

• Like Like x 1